Wednesday, March 01, 2017

IN FEBRUARY

Mary Blair, Peter Pan mermaids:
Mary Blair, Peter Pan mermaids | via
books
The Shorter Summa, by Thomas Aquinas, Peter Kreeft (school) - Cool.
Paradise, by Dante, translated by Anthony Esolen (school)

movies
Down With Love - Ewan McGregor and Renee Zellweger. Okay.
Miss Potter - Also Ewan McGregor and Renee Zellweger. Sweet.
The Fantastic Mr Fox - Watched it to see Wes Anderson's style.
La La Land - Colorful and bright. Loved the jazz. The story the plot told and the story the movie's artistry told seemed like two different stories, to me.
Marley and Me - Okay, long.
Sing - Fun and colorful and upbeat. (Ooo a pun.)
All Creatures Great and Small - Okay, fun, colorful. (Can you tell I love color?)
The Intern - Okay, sweet.
The Choice - Not my thing.
*Doctor Strange - Perfect.
*Captain America: Civil War - Basically perfect.
*Ant-Man - Exactly what it should be.

tv series
Avatar: The Last Airbender (to end) - Loved it.
Jessica Jones (about half) - More MA than Daredevil and less fun.
Legion - So far so cool. It's fascinating to me how the main character's story is told as you move through the rooms of his childhood house, rather than chronologically. Reminds me of a mind palace, the way every time you enter a specific room you always see the same memory being reenacted.
*Downton Abbey (various episodes)

*rewatched

February wasn't the best month for movies for me, except of course for the re-watched Marvel movies. ♥ Flew on an airplane for the first time by myself! It's empowering to know I've done that. Did you find any new favorite books or movies in Feruary? Anything exciteing happen? I hope you all have a lovely March! ♥ I always like March. xx

6 comments:

  1. *freaks out because La La Land made the list* Wasn't it fantastic?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you're so sweet! <3 It was beautiful. I love all the colors and light. Thanks for commenting Rachel! xx

      Delete
  2. La La Land and Jessica Jones and Legion ahhhh.

    honestly, Jessica Jones is one of my favorite shows. I'll die if they dont continue it.

    happy March <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy March to you too Faith! ♥ haha well they better not discontinue it then!
      Legion is amazing. I'm in awe of the editing and storytelling that goes into that show. So ahmazzingg. xox

      Delete
  3. Oh man I am loving Legion! So freaky and crazy and SO unexpected -- plus Dan Stevens and Aubrey Plaza! I'm gonna be sad when the season ends. But at least there's gonna be another one... :D

    Interesting thought about La La Land! Did you dislike that about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I didn't know a second season was confirmed! That's great! Aubrey is amazing.

      Yeah I did dislike that about it. I don't know how to explain that feeling any better though haha. I'd probably have to watch it again to pin point it.

      xx

      Delete