Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2016

all images via tumblr
Favorite things in 2016: 
  • Reading. 
  • You all. 
  • Marvel. (Civil War. Doctor Strange. Bucky. Everyone. Sebastian Stan. The comics. Other fans.)
  • Biking. 
  • Sun.
  • Running.
  • Painting my room. (White. In the summer. With music.)
  • Violin.
  • Family. 
  • Watching movies. (By myself. At night. Cross legged.)
  • Making a movie. (With friends. Flinging myself onto the ground to get good shots.)
  • P.G. Wodehouse. (Read by Jonathan Cecil.)

The only really measurable goal I set myself last year was to read 70 books, which I did, and something more than that too, so yay. Month posts from 2016:

JANUARY | FEBRUARY | MARCH | APRIL | MAY | JUNE JULY AUGUST | SEPTEMBER OCTOBER DECEMBER + NOVEMBER

I've been reading a book called "What the Most Successful People do Before Breakfast" and it talks about having a list of six priority thing to accomplish each day, the first three being things that need to be done that day and the second three small things that work towards a larger goal you want to accomplish by the end of the year. I love that idea. Exercising and reading on a constant basis make a big difference for me, in a good way, so my year end goals for 2017: read 50 books and be able to comfortably run 3 miles. 

I'd like to also set a word count writing goal for myself to reach every day or month but I have yet to figure out how that works. Do you have any websites or apps you'd recommend for that sort of thing? Or just advice in general? 

Less measurable but still important things to work on in 2017:
  • Be more confident when I speak. 
  • Be less selfish.
  • Trust people more that I should.
  • Do things that scare me. 
  • Learn to not be so mean/nasty/grumpy when I'm nervous/anxious/scared.
  • Be brave. 
  • Remember what's important.
  • Be more present in the moment.  
  • Worry less.
Look to this day! For it is life, the very life of life. In its brief course Lie all the verities and realities of your existence: The bliss of growth; The glory of action; The splendor of achievement; For yesterday is but a dream, And tomorrow is only a vision; But today, well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, And every tomorrow a vision of hope.- Salutation to the Dawn, by Kalidasa

Thank you all for reading this blog. ♥ Have a happy 2017! xx

6 comments:

  1. Sound like thoughtful end-of-year goals. Hope you have a happy new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a happy new year!
    I don't know any good writing goal apps, but Scrivener has a word count feature that lets you set a goal for the manuscript and a goal for the day. I find it pretty useful. I think about 1,000 words a day is comfortable if I'm actively working on a specific project, but around 500-800 if it's more scattered writing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Emily!

      Ooo thanks so much for the info, I'll look it up. :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I'm just now getting around to this list but I think it's fantastic! Sounds like 2016 was a good year. Excellent goals for 2017! It's good to have goals for what to do in a year but I think it's more important to think about what kind of person you want to become/are becoming.

    Dani xoxo
    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani! I agree. :)

      xx

      Delete