Saturday, December 31, 2016

IN DECEMBER + NOVEMBER

via
books:
Waves, by Paul Fleisher
Relativity and Quantum Mechanics, by Paul Fleisher
Matter and Energy, by Paul Fleisher
The Great Divorce, by C. S. Lewis - Loved this book.
The British Empire, by Gerald W. Johnson - Great.
Thank You Jeeves, by P. G. Wodehouse
*Uncle Fred in the Springtime, by P. G. Wodehouse
The Inferno, by Dante

movies/miniseries:

Doctor Strange - Perfect and brilliant. 
*The Vow
Christmas Kiss
Christmas in the Clouds
Parade's End - Ben C. Beautifully made and fascinating character.
Wreckers - Also B.C.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Lovely.
The Night Manager - Tom H.
Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows - Fun fun.
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Strange and fun and Martin Freeman.
Love, Rosie - Lilly Collins. Sweet.
Planet of the Apes 1 & 2
In Good Company
*The Incredibles - One of the best.
Matilda
*Elf
The Man who Came to Dinner - Strange and very funny, black and white.
Star Wars: Rogue One, (plus eps 1, 4 and 5 ♥)
Who's Minding the Mint? - Jim Hutton. Very funny. 
tv/cartoons:
Upstairs Downstairs
The Last Tycoon (first ep)
Tom and Jerry
Z: the Beginning of Everything (first ep)
Bleak House (some)
The Kettering Incident (some, not really my thing)
*read/watched before

Last year I wrote (with the help of my older sister) a story in which my family and another family (who are awesome) were the characters. In it we were all princesses and knights, squires, kings, and queens, and lived on a tropical island and had adventures and the whole thing was pretty funny. We read it last Christmas and it was a lot fun. So, the last week of September it occurred to me that the thing to do would be to make a movie with that other family and for it to be a secret and to give it to our parents on Christmas. So we talked about it, and I wrote a script (and screenplay, didn't know they were different before) and organized it, and shot it - my cast consisted of an eight year old, ten year old, thirteen year old, fourteen year old, sixteen year old and myself - and then I edited (it was the first video I'd ever edited. Lightworks is awesome) and burned it (with awesome bro's assistance) to a dvd. 22 minutes and 12 seconds. And that was crazy fun and I'm rather proud.


One of my uncles and his family and my grandparents came for Christmas and they are the definition of cool so it was fun. We went to see Star Wars: Rogue One Friday night and my grandfather, younger sister and I wore our Santa hats into the theater and it was great. And my uncle understands about the importance of Star Wars so we were quiet for a while after the movie ended walking to the car and just let it all seep in before talking about it. And Christmas day there were presents in the morning/afternoon and a ton of food and neighbors and peeps came for dinner. And we watched our movie and that was insane.


Have you found any new good books/movies/tv series recently? I hope you all have a happy January and wonderful 2017! *bear hugs* Woot woot! xx

may the force be with you

14 comments:

  1. Glad you had a lovely Christmas! And that story you wrote sounds great :)
    Those movies you watched look amazing, I'm dying to watch most of them!
    Happy New Year! Hope it's a wonderful one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy!
      haha they were fun. :)
      I hope you have a wonderful 2017 as well! ♥

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you haven't seen Matilda before! It was one of my favorites as a kid. The gift you gave to your parents for Christmas sounds awesome! I miss the holidays already. I hope you have a Happy New Year!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to watch. :) Thanks Morning, it was a lot of fun to make. I hope you have a lovely 2017! ♥

      Delete
  3. Hey Sarah! I'm new to the blogger/blogspot community, but I stumbled upon your blog and I just wanted to tell you that I love it! That screenplay you wrote sounds so fun, by the way! And I haven't seen Rogue One yet, but I really need to; I've heard lots of good things about it, so I'm excited! This fall I started watching Designated Survivor (this is the show's first season); it's pretty good, but the show doesn't continue until March :( Hope you have a marvelous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace! Thank you so much. ♥ Rogue One was amazing. I hope you get to see it soon. I haven't heard of Designated Survivor, I'll go look it up. :) I hope you have a great 2017 too! And thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  4. ALL THE Doctor Strange love. It's an amazing film!

    I watch a ton of Christmas films every year at this time of year, and am sure Christmas Kiss has been one of them. At some point. Oh, and I adore Bleak House (the recent adaptation), and Sherlock Holmes. Love, Rosie was also sweet as I remember too. :)

    Love the photo in this post! So cute and nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesssss. yess YES. :)

      That's a wonderful thing to do. :) I haven't finished Bleak House yet but I like it so far, and I'm glad to hear you do too. Sherlock Holmes is fun. :)

      Thanks! I love Winnie the Pooh. ;) Thanks for commenting Rissi ♥

      Delete
  5. You wrote and filmed a movie! That is so full of shiny awesome. Something I would love to do, but never have.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hamlette! :D It was so much crazy fun. That would be so cool if you did sometime. I'd love to watch it. :D

      Happy 2017 to you too! <3

      Delete
  6. Aw, it's so nice to visit your blog again <3 I love the Winnie the Pooh quote...I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Hannah you're here! ;D Thank you. ♥ I do too.

      Delete
  7. Eeee, I love Hitchhiker's Guide!! :D So random and goofy and I love Sam Rockwell! Will you be reviewing Rogue One? And how was Wreckers? (That's the one that has Shaun Evans in it too, right?)

    Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas! :)

    I've been watching a ton of Supernatural lately. Almost caught up, actually, and I'm really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. :D I'd wanted to see it for a while because it's in your blog's header. ;) I figured it must be good. :) I don't know if I'll review Rogue One. I want to figure out a method for reviewing stuff that helps me do it more. I love reviewing movies. Wreckers was interesting. I believe Shaun Evans was in it. The main reason I watched it initially was for Ben C. I didn't especially love it but I did find it interesting.

      I still haven't seen any Supernatural. I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

      Delete