Friday, September 23, 2016

only played

The Legend of Bagger Vance:
via | Will Smith & Matt Damon, The Legend of Bagger Vance

"What I'm talkin' about is a game. A game that can't be won, only played." 
"You don't understand." 
"I don't need to understand. Ain't a soul on this entire earth ain't got a burden to carry he don't understand, you ain't alone in that. But you been carryin' this one long enough. Time to go on, lay it down." 
"I don't know how." 
"You got a choice. You can stop. Or you can start." 
"Start?" 
"Walkin." 
"Where?" 
"Right back to where you always been, and then stand there. Still, real still. And remember." 
"It's too long ago." 
"Oh no sir, it was just a moment ago. Time for you to come on out the shadows [...] Time for you to choose." 
"I can't." 
"Yes you can, but you ain't alone. I'm right here with ya. I've been here all along. Now play the game. Your game. The one that only you was meant to play. The one that was given to you when you come into this world. You ready? Stike that ball [...] don't hold nothin back, give it everything. Now's the time. Let yourself remember. Remember your swing. That's right [...] settle yourself. Let's go. Now is the time."


(from The Legend of Bagger Vance)

2 comments:

  1. Just whoa. Honestly, Sarah, you find the best movie and TV show quotes. <3

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morning. ♥ I'm glad you like it too, I love this one.

      Delete