Monday, September 26, 2016

liebster award

Lovely people! ♥ The awesome Hamlette tagged me for this (muchas gracias mi amiga). So, I'm supposed to answer 11 questions, then make up 11 new questions and tag 11 people, etc. Well, we'll see how that goes. 

The eleven questions (aww eleven makes me think of the Doctor):

1.  Is there a movie that has really yummy-looking food in it that you'd love to eat?
*thinking* *trying to remember* umm...I know there is one...any movie that has a scene in one of those really classy expensive tea shops with tiny cakes and mini sandwiches. Honestly any food makes me hungry. I love food. Food is great. yay food. Seriously it's awesome how good it tastes, you know? It's not like it has to, what if it was just this random stuff we ate purely for sustenance? I mean the simple fact that we can taste stuff is daily awesome sauce. 

Nonetheless, remember:
If you were wondering, yes, that is utterly irrelevant. 

2.  What era do most of your favorite movies take place in?

So, my top favorite movies are Star Wars: A New HopeCaptain America: The Winter Soldier, (besides being perfect, it also has Bucky ♥) Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings, and The Prince of Persia. Which are all set in either present day or fantasy worlds, so whatever era you want to call that. I also have this thing for the 40s for some reason.  

3.  What two actors/actresses have you always hoped would make a movie together, but didn't/haven't yet?

I don't really have answer to this. I mean there's no combo that I've dreamed of for a long time. Though of course, we're all waiting for Budapest, right? Starring Arrow Guy and Nat. 

4.  If money and time and supplies (and crafting ability) were not considerations, what movie character would you love to cosplay or dress up like for Halloween?

Ooo, something from Star Wars or a Marvel character. Or Captain Jack Sparrow because that would be way fun. Obi Wan, the Winter Soldier or Cap ('n Jack Sparrow I mean, not the red/white/blue one, though that would also rock). No, definitely the Winter Soldier. (But you guys new that, right?)

5.  Have you ever cosplayed or dressed up like a movie or TV character for Halloween?

Some friends and siblings dressed up as Lord of the Rings characters once, I think I was Aragorn. With a beard like marker attempt on my face. And a Man in Black once too. 

6.  What movie would your friends/family be surprised to learn you truly enjoyed?

Hmm. I watch a lot of movies by myself. I think I enjoy them more that way. Otherwise I feel self conscious about people watching me (ha. because people totally want to watch my face and not the movie. not. except that's what I do when I watch movies with peeps. but then that's mostly 'cause I've seen the movie already and I'm checking how they like it). 

But to answer the question. I'm not sure anyone would be surprised exactly. But I like dramas and they're not really the kind of movie I fan over or talk about a lot so peeps wouldn't necessarily know that I like 'em. eg: About a Boy, Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Benny and Joon, The Way Way Back, Rickie and the Flash, Mud. 

7.  What's one book you hope no one ever makes into a film?
I don't really care honestly. There are hundreds of books that I love and that's not gonna change. 

8.  Do you know the Wilhelm Scream when you hear it?

Well, now I do. Thanks for that. 
via
9.  When a character onscreen has to hold their breath, to you try to hold your breath to match theirs?
Every time. And then I realize I would die. And then I practice holding my breath for the next few minutes and get completely distracted from the movie. The only times I don't is when the movie is really good which means I'm lost in it and not thinking about anything else (which rarely, almost never, happens). 

10.  What upcoming movies (or TV series) are you excited about?

Doctor Strange, the Flash (I'm not sure how excited I actually am about this. I'll probably just watch the first episode and that'll determine it, but, still, I loved the first season) (I wish Jefferson was still in OUAT. I mean, he hasn't been since season 1, but still. Oh well.), Fantastic Beasts, Moana (maybe?), Sing etc.
I love the smell of fandom in the mourning.:
11.  What are some of your favorite movie-oriented blogs?  (Or just blogs that post movie reviews sometimes.)

http://jandjproductions1809.blogspot.com/ <3 font="">
http://howtowatchamotionpicture.blogspot.com/ <3 font="">
http://www.thefangirlinitiative.com/

And now, the eleven (aww) people I tag:
(If anyone would like me to tag/add them up here, just say the word.)
  1. An Accomplished Young Lady
  2. Life as a Young Lady
  3. Little Moon Dragon
  4. Little Panda Crafts
  5. The Horse and His Girl
  6. The Journeys' of my Beating Heart
  7. The Life of Little Me
  8. Three Fangirling Sisters
  9. Traveling Home
  10. a flyleaf
  11. Metias and Me
  12. Princess Faith
  13. think. eat. write. read.
That wasn't eleven, was it?

And I loved Hamlette's Questions, so here you go again:

1.  Is there a movie that has really yummy-looking food in it that you'd love to eat?
2.  What era do most of your favorite movies take place in?
3.  What two actors/actresses have you always hoped would make a movie together, but didn't/haven't yet?
4.  If money and time and supplies (and crafting ability) were not considerations, what movie character would you love to cosplay or dress up like for Halloween?
5.  Have you ever cosplayed or dressed up like a movie or TV character for Halloween?
6.  What movie would your friends/family be surprised to learn you truly enjoyed?
7.  What's one book you hope no one ever makes into a film?
8.  Do you know the Wilhelm Scream when you hear it?
9.  When a character onscreen has to hold their breath, to you try to hold your breath to match theirs?
10.  What upcoming movies (or TV series) are you excited about?
11.  What are some of your favorite movie-oriented blogs?  (Or just blogs that post movie reviews sometimes.)

6 comments:

  1. YESS. Lord of the rings! AH I LOVE THIS POST. This award never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D haha thank you Vanessa. <3 No it doesn't. ;D

      Delete
  2. Cosplaying as Captain Jack Sparrow would be awesome!!! I would do that.

    My brother and his groomsmen all showed up at the church wearing MIB sunglasses to go with their black suits. It was completely hilarious, and so them.

    YESSSSSSSSSS!!! Someone else who holds their breath during a movie! Whew. I was beginning to think that my brother and I were the only ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!

      That's so fun. :)

      Really?! I thought everyone did that. Thanks for the tag Hamlette! Your questions were fun. :)

      Delete
  3. Your list of movies you enjoy alone sounds so perfect. :D I watch Mud alone because none of the rest of my family likes it, but there is something about movies like that, that is *better* alone too. You can get deeper into the emotion of it without feeling self-conscious. Awesome answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I got my sister to watch Mud and I don't think she really liked it either. Yes, exactly! :) Thanks Sarah!

      Delete