Thursday, May 12, 2016

Liebster Award


I was nominated for the Liebster award by Sarah from How to Watch a Movie - Thanks!

Rules:
1. Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
2. Nominate other bloggers (up to 11) and give them 11 questions to answer.

Sarah's questions:


1. Favorite movie genre, and why?
I've actually been trying to figure out my favorite genres for a while and I finally decided a few weeks ago. haha. My favorite movie genres are action / adventure. 

2. Favorite movie that's an adaptation of a book you've read?

Captain America: The Winter Soldier, based on the comic by Ed Brubaker. I feel like that's pretty predictable for anyone who knows me. If comics don't count as books, there's also Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings, extended edition, and the animated Disney adaption of Jungle Book. Also Peter Pan (2003). 


Captain America:
via
3. An actor or actress you're enjoying who you've only recently noticed?
In terms of people I recently noticed/began liking, Elizabeth Olsen (Wanda in Age of Ultron /Civil War). 

4. A favorite "unexpected surprise" movie?

Benny and Joon, About a Boy, Rickie and the Flash, and Mud. Also Sahara, which was really fun. 

5. A movie that has a cast catered to you?

Captain America: Civil War. I sense a recurrent theme in this post. 

6. An obscure movie that you think is great and you wish more people knew about?

Prince of Persia and Stardust. Not sure how obscure those are though. 

7. A movie that has a great soundtrack?

My favorite soundtracks are the collective Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks by Hans Zimmer (What Shall We Die For, One Day, Up is Down, At Wit's End) and the soundtrack by Henry Jackman for Captain America: Winter Soldier (Winter Soldier Theme, Captain America Theme, End of the Line). 

It's quite empowering!:
via
8. A movie that reminds you of summer?
hmm. The Way Way Back

9. A movie you loved as a kid and still love (not because of nostalgia)?

The animated Disney adaption of Robin Hood, also the original Star Wars trilogy. 

10. Plot device pet peeve?

Characters dying for little reason other than to manipulate your feelings or to move the story a certain direction. Naive characters. Not sure that last counts as a plot device though. Also when at the end of the movie characters wake up and you realize it was all a dream, or something like that. 

11. Ending preference for movies, and why?

In terms of happy versus sad, happy. Because if a I like a movie it's partly at least because I like the characters, which means I want them to be happy. 


Thanks so much Sarah for tagging me! The questions were really fun. I tag anyone who would like to do this. Here are Sarah's questions again:

1. Favorite movie genre, and why?
2. Favorite movie that's an adaptation of a book you've read?
3. An actor or actress you're enjoying who you've only recently noticed?
4. A favorite "unexpected surprise" movie?
5. A movie that has a cast catered to you?
6. An obscure movie that you think is great and you wish more people knew about?
7. A movie that has a great soundtrack?
8. A movie that reminds you of summer?
9. A movie you loved as a kid and still love (not because of nostalgia)?
10. Plot device pet peeve?
11. Ending preference for movies, and why?


xxx

8 comments:

  1. I love your answers! :D Great genre pick. Classic and fun! I'd say comics can count as books -- and The Winter Soldier is an amazing movie! Oh my goodness, you have no idea how excited I got when I saw Mud in there. I thought for sure I was the only person in the whole world who knew about and liked that movie. (Well -- not really :P) But I do love it so much! It blew me away. I'm so glad you liked it too! I agree about Civil War's cast. All my favorite Avengers + Bucky and Spidey = the best. ;) I also agree that more people should see Stardust. My brother was getting me to notice The Winter Soldier's music last time we watched it. It is really good. And you can never go wrong with the Pirates theme! The Way Way Back would be my answer for that one too. :D Ugh, your first pet peeve is the worst thing ever. That annoys me so much! I like your explanation for why you like happy endings too. Nothing beats a good happy ending! Thanks for participating, S!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed you'd recommended Mud on James' blog and I was really excited too! I hadn't known anyone else who liked it! :D haha It's such a cool movie. (And the song Snakebite from the soundtrack is awesome.) Your questions were really fun Sarah - thanks again for tagging me. :)

      Delete
  2. SOUNDTRACCCKKSSSS. <3 gah. Hans Zimmer is the king, yo. x) And I'm totally going to have to check out all those other soundtracks that you mentioned because EEEP I'M A SOUNDTRACK GEEK LOVE EM. "Characters dying for little reason other than to manipulate your feelings or to move the story a certain direction." <<< OMG SAME SAME. I literally cannot stand unnecessary characters deaths it's like ARRRRGH POINTLESSNESS!

    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with that. :) I love soundtracks. xx

      Delete
  3. Sarah, these are awesome responses! The 2003 version of Peter Pan is one of my favorites too. And this weekend I think I am going to go watch Captain America: Civil War again (and maybe again). I recently finished writing a post on this movie and the Avengers, set to launch next Monday. So yeah, I understand how it's hard to NOT have that movie on your mind. ;)

    Dani xoxo
    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dani! Aw I love that movie. That sounds like a fantastic plan, I hope you had fun, and I'm sure you did. :D I'm gonna go over and read your review now. :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. THE POTC SOUNDTRACK MY HEART. *ahem*
    I love action/adventure too! Some of my favorite movies are Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, The Lord of the Rings, The Color of Magic, The Hobbit, and Thor: The Dark World.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES MY FEELINGS EXACTLY.
      Ooo I love all those. Except The Color of Magic, which I haven't seen - I shall go look it up. Thanks for the recommendation Ellie. :) xx

      Delete