Tuesday, May 31, 2016

IN MAY

via
BOOKS
Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury (for school. I just realized I called it Fahrenheit 431 instead of 451 in my school essay. oops.)
~The Illustrated A Brief History of Time, by Stephen Hawking
~The Leader in You, by Dale Carnegie
~The Story of Hannibal, by Johanna Johnston
Leave it to Psmith, by P. G. Wodehouse (audiobook)
The Money Mystery, by Richard J. Maybury (for school)
~Three "Whys" of the Russian Revolution, by Richard Pipes
~Philosophy 101 by Socrates, by Peter Kreeft

MOVIES & SERIES
The Life of Pi - VVB (Very Visually Beautiful)
School Ties
Captain America: Civil War (x2) ♥
*Ever After
Gossip Girl (random episodes)
Doctor Thorne - Really sweet.
Flash
Once Upon a Time (one ep.)

*: watched before


BEST THIS MONTH: The Leader in You and Civil War.  May was busy for me. I feel like more stuff happened than I got done. But I did get my driver's license. Yay. The first highway I drove on after getting it was 66, I thought that was kinda fun.What are your favorites from May? 

LOOKING FORWARD TO IN JUNE: There're two movies from May I haven't seen yet and would like to - X-Men: Apocalypse and Alice: Through the Looking Glass. What are you looking forward to seeing/reading/doing? xx

10 comments:

  1. ajakldjksadlkas civil war (!!!!!)

    I loved the movie, but felt really conflicted about both sides. Maybe because I couldn't decide which side I'd be on if I were in the movie, idk. *WARNING RANT* Just personally, I didn't like Steve's love interest in this movie. She's gorgeous and as peggy's niece, I felt her character could have been developed a lot more. But it looked like she was just helping Steve because she liked him and not because it was her own like belief or whatever. I get that the producers probably had to find a way to get information, resources (like the shield or Falcon's suit when they were confiscated), etc. to Steve as soon as they could, but I didn't like that they probably didn't have enough time to develop Sharon Carter better. Though, she is pretty badass, like her aunt ;-)

    *OKAY DONE*
    Hahaha sorry, that was a tad long. And aaaaalso, looking forward to Through the Looking Glass as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhhhhh yes it was amazing. I can see where you're coming from about Sharon. I mean, I liked her and I thought her relationship with Steve was a natural development from Winter Soldier (but then maybe I'm just used to seeing them together in the comics). But I see what you mean about her not necessarily helping #TeamCap because of her own personal beliefs. I mean, I'm sure she shares his values etc. and that she is helping them because she believes it's right, and not only because she likes Cap, but there isn't much proof of that in the movie. But I guess for the kind of person she is she'd have to agree share the same morals/beliefs of anyone she was in a relationship with. awwwwwww Peggy. :) (Oh and I'm almost finished with a review of Civil War so yeps.)

      I actually just saw it last night and I loved it!!! :) I hope you see it soon! I love the Hatter. And Alice is cool. xx

      Delete
  2. that picture AND THEN I REALIZED BUCKY. so good. so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU REALIZED YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. So happy right now. Thank you. Thank you very much. BUCKY.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I'm always so impressed with how many books you read every month, SW! Hehe, that's the perfect description of Life of Pi. :D I still haven't got to see Civil War a second time, and I still want to see X-Men too, even though the critics didn't like it so much. I'm also QUITE excited for 10 Cloverfield Lane's DVD release on the 14th. :D :D

    Congrats on getting your license!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'RE SO NICE. Thank you. haha Right? The colors were amazing. Yeah I saw it has a lowish rating on RT and I'm curious to watch it and see what I think. Ooo I still have that on my watchlist. The main reason I haven't actually watched it yet is because imdb lists it as horror/mystery and I'm not big on those. But if you liked it that much I'm guessing I would too if I can find some daylight hours to watch in it. ;)

      Thanks! :D

      Delete
    2. I would classify it more as a suspense thriller actually, if that helps any. And I'd definitely recommend it! But daylight hours might be a good idea too. ;)

      Delete
  4. X-Men was incredible. probably one of my favorite superhero movies. (I liked it so much better than Civil War oops.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You liked X-Men better than Civil War!?!!?? Really? Woah cool. Okay you just increased my desire to see it by 150 percent. xx

      Delete