Saturday, April 09, 2016

Zootopia | Review

via

(this review is spoiler free)

When Judy Hopps moves from Bunnyborrow to Zootopia to begin her dream career as a police officer, it’s a city nestled happily with nature, a place where any animal can be anything.

There’s action around every corner of Zootopia, popping up as naturally as the carrots of Judy’s family’s farm, and jokes as abundant as the bunnies of Bunnyborrow. The story is surprising and flows with purpose through streets crowded with giraffes, polar bears, marmots, sloths, elephants, and rams, and then stops before you’ve quite realized you’ve reached the end and that feeling of excitement from the midst of the action is left still intense to mix with the satisfaction of a good ending.

via
Zootopia is about making mistakes and trying again. It’s about knowing people for who they are and not by their stereotypes; not recognizing foxes and bears as bad guys, but as foxes and bears. Recognizing fear for what it is and learning not to blame it on people, but grow bigger and braver with love.

Zootopia is a world of colors and beauty. There’s more to see than you can grasp in one viewing. You’re left constantly groping to see everything as the story moves on. And that’s delightful. That the world is bigger than the story you’re hearing today. There’s always more, exciting and new. It’s like Zootopia’s superstar Gazelle sings:

I messed up tonight, I lost another fight
I still mess up but I'll just start again
...
I won't give up, no I won't give in
'Til I reach the end and then I'll start again
No I won't leave, I wanna try everything
...
I'll keep on making those new mistakes
I'll keep on making them every day
Those new mistakes.

my rating: 4/5
content: Rated PG by the MPAA for some thematic elements, rude humor and action.

3 comments:

  1. I have yet to see this movie, but it looks so endearing! I have always loved children's movies and isn't it fantastic how well they apply to grownups too?

    Dani xoxo
    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I would love to see this movie, it looks so fun and this was a great review!

    This is my first time checking out your blog, I love it already. Maybe you could check out my blog some time: whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    - Lexie

    ReplyDelete