Saturday, October 31, 2015

In October

via
books:
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (for school), by Washington Irving
The Legend of Rip Van Winkle (for school), by Washington Irving
Democracy in America (various chapters, for school), by Alexis de Tocqueville
 Commodore Perry and the Opening of Japan, by Ferdinand Kahn
Ring for Jeeves (audiobook, read by Herbert Jenkins, who did a fantastic job), by P. G. Wodehouse - Hilarious. 

movies:
Madagascar 1, 2 & 3 - The penguins are hilarious and adorable. My new nickname is Skipper, by the way. 
Kung Fu Panda - Liked it pretty well, the music by Hans Zimmer and John Powell (awesome combination) is beautiful. 
The Martian - I loved the character of Watney.  
*The Bourne Trilogy - They're great movies. The first time I saw them it was with my brother and I was ten. It was great.  
*The Rainmaker - Great movie, great story, great actors. 
The Legend of Bagger Vance - I loved this one. 

tv series:
Once Upon a Time
Gossip Girl (a couple episodes) – I like Blake Lively but I wish I hadn’t watched it.
Downton Abbey (catching up) 

† Landmark Book
* seen before


Right now October's my favorite month. I love the fall leaves and the way the air feels and smells.

I hope you all had a good month. Did any of you dress up for Halloween? What did you dress up as? I was a man in black to begin with, but later that changed to undertaker, SHIELD agent and penguin. Oh well. What books and movies did you enjoy especially in October? xx

11 comments:

  1. I love that photograph. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, more fun new stuff for me to check out!! Great recommendation, Sarah. Your posts (your entire blog, I mean) is so amazing! :)

    ~Ashy
    apieceofmysky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Ash. You're so nice. <3

      Delete
  3. Haha, did you have a Matt Damon splurge because of The Martian too?? :D I re-watched a bunch -- the Bourne series, The Adjustment Bureau, Elysium, and We Bought a Zoo, and then caught Good Will Hunting for the first time on TV so that was nice. I've seen The Rainmaker and The Legend of Bagger Vance but a long time ago, so I'm keeping an eye out for them to re-watch too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Yes. I'm so glad you understand these things. Ooo, Elysium, did you like that one? I haven't seen it. I love We Bought a Zoo! it's such a sweet movie. I didn't rewatch the entirety of Adjustment Bureau, but I spent some time watching clips on YouTube. ;)

      Delete
    2. You're not missing anything with Elysium except a lot of violence and language and Matt Damon being bald. It's not really his fault but I thought his character was lacking, and I ended up enjoying the bad guy more. :P And then the movie tries to be meaningful but never really succeeds. The Adjustment Bureau is definitely worth a watch though! He and Emily Blunt are awesome and have great chemistry. :)

      Delete
  4. I was Donald Duck for Halloween, and I sewed my figures of the chipmunks to my jacket shoulder. XD And the penguins are my favorite part of the Madagascar movies. XD Movie 3 is my favorite. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that's adorable! Chip and Dale are my favorites. :) xx

      Delete
  5. I agree with Emily, that photo is stunninggg. And YES to all the Downton Abbey. Season 2 and 4 are my favorites. ♥ Squeee. Me and my sister used to watch The Penguins of Madagascar tv show (rip dk, sniff sniff) so good memories. I've been really wanting to re-watch more episodes of The Waltons (warn fuzzies forevs) and also the History channel miniseires Houdini. Oh and good readers for audio books are GOLDEN! eep, so precious. :D

    love,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've been catching up on Downton, Matthew died a few episodes ago. :'( I knew it was going to happen, but, oh. Season four though is really good. Aw, the Penguins. :) xx

      Delete