Friday, September 25, 2015

Gold Leaves | by G. K. Chesterton

via
 
Lo! I am come to autumn,
When all the leaves are gold;
Grey hairs and golden leaves cry out
The year and I are old.

In youth I sought the prince of men,
Captain in cosmic wars,
Our Titan, even the weeds would show
Defiant, to the stars.

But now a great thing in the street
Seems any human nod,
Where shift in strange democracy
The million masks of God.

In youth I sought the golden flower
Hidden in wood or wold,
But I am come to autumn,
When all the leaves are gold.
...

happy autumn! xx

8 comments:

  1. Sarah, this is just marvelous! <3

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I absolutely love autumn! ^_^

    xx Sarah
    imsarahanne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my favorite season and this captures it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ayyy, i love this season <3 it's the perfect-est of them all, although they are all beautiful in their own ways.

    *grins* this was beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post made me wish I was experiencing fall right now... Beautiful <3

    Oh and I wanted to let you know that I tagged you for the 777 challenge (http://apieceofmysky.blogspot.sg/2015/09/the-777-challenge-random-scribblings-6.html). I hope you'll take a look at it and maybe give it a try.

    Keep blogging <3
    ~Ash
    apieceofmysky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the most beautiful poems I've ever read. Autumn will always be my favorite <3 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete