Saturday, May 30, 2015

Tomorrowland | Review

via
(this review is spoiler-free)


Time: 130 min
Soundtrack by Michael Giacchino
Rating: 48% (RT); 6.8/10 (IMDb)


I liked Tomorrowland very much. As a story it wasn't ultimately satisfying to me, but as two hours spent in the movie theater to share an adventure and have fun I liked it very much. It carries you into its world and the two hour ride it takes you on is simply very enjoyable. The only thing I didn't like was the ending, it felt like an abrupt end to a ride that had just really begun. The movie was impressively not at all spoiled by the trailers which barely give away any information. 

via
George Clooney plays a very likable character who was fun to get to know. The lead actors went together and were cast well. All of them were particularly good in their roles, especially  and Thomas Robinson.

Tomorrowland poses some interesting questions, and its strong themes and messages were both applicable and encouragingThe idea of people accepting a horrible fate instead of trying to fight and change it, because accepting that fate doesn't require them to do anything today, while fighting for a better one does, was clearly put and made positively motivating by the rest of the story and its ideas. The message that ideas, creativity, and art are part of that better future is a personal message, calling out to everyone. Overall, Tomorrowland, if not completely satisfying, is a positive, motivating, and fun story.

Content: rated PG by the MPAA for sequences of sci-fi action violence and peril, thematic elements, and language. (spoilers) Androids which look like humans are beat up and killed. (end of spoiler)


my rating: 3.5/5
favorite line: "There are two wolves who are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. The question is, which wolf wins?" "The one you feed."


14 comments:

  1. I've been really excited for this movie because of it's obscurity, but I've heard that the story went well until they started to explain everything... can you verify this?

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story did lose some of its magic and wonder when it began to explain 'stuff', but it wasn't over explained and its loss of wonder was reasonable. Still I get what you mean. I hope you enjoy it if you see it!

      xx

      Delete
  2. To be honest I hadn't heard about this film before, but it seems really interesting!
    That quote is so cute... but it's not very original. I've heard the wolf analogy many times before. : )

    x Yasmine//Cloudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know it's not original to the film, I wasn't able to find or remember my favorite quote word for word so I'm putting that one up till I can find my very favorite. Thanks for commenting Yasmine!

      xx

      Delete
  3. I've wanted to see this film because I've been to Florida, Disney world and they have a tomorrowland there. It's so cool so I might see this film, thank you for the review. I love that quote.

    bethfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Tomorrowland theme park and it was cool how it was tied into this story. You might enjoy seeing the movie if only for its connections with the park! Sure, and I'm glad you like the quote. :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. I can't decide if I want to see this in theaters or not....I probably will not, but I'm glad to hear you thought it was a decent adventure!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a fun ride. :) I don't know how big your interest in the movie is, but you might want to see it in theaters for the effects and everything, the big screen added a lot to the whole adventure-ride feel of it, I thought. :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. I was disappointed when it got that middling 48% on RT, but I'm glad to hear that you think it's worth seeing and has plenty of good qualities. :) Maybe I'll see it once it releases on DVD. Great review, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was disappointing. I didn't have any high hopes or anything for it so I wasn't really disappointed in the movie, it could have been better, but honestly I think it does what it means to and not more, so the low/average rating on RT makes sense. Thanks so much Sarah! :)

      xx

      Delete
  6. This sounds good, I've been wanting to see it ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun, I hope you enjoy it Amy!

      xx

      Delete
  7. I've wanted to see this movie so bad!

    -Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to soon then! :)

      xx

      Delete