Friday, May 15, 2015

list no. i

via
Music:
Good for studying and concentrating in general (about an hour long):


Film:
The Night at the Museum movies -- I just really enjoy them, my favorite is definitely the third, then the first, it's sorta the classic. 

Mr. Robot (tv series) --  Airs June 24th. I don't know what it's rated but I'm really hoping I can watch it because it looks like it could be very cool + interesting. (teaser, review)


Videos:
I saw the teaser for Mr Robot and it got me interested in computers so I started looking up about them, how they actually work, and now I'm hooked on understanding them. They're so cool. Here are two videos I found and like a lot explaining some basic functions.


And then there's one of the tv promos from the third Night at the Museum movie, they're so funny:



Quote:
Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free 
Awake My Soul, by Mumford & Sons


Websites + Articles:
CS101 -- Free online course with worksheets and all.
Great detailed explanation that starts at base level: How do computers work?
Because being able to type fast is cool: Learn typing at the speed of thought
And then these 'tests'/quizzes because they're fun (if you do any of 'em, what are your results?): 
Kuku Kube (color perception test - slightly addictive)

What have you been into lately?

19 comments:

  1. Wow. Computers do sound interesting, and wouldn't it be so cool to be able to type at the speed of thought? Actually, I'm pretty sure I already do based on the amount of time I spend on computers :') I love that quote. I don't fully understand it but I think it sounds beautiful. Lately I've been into quotes and writing and being inspired.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they're so cool. :) That would be seriously snazzy. haha Nice. I'm glad you like the quote. Those are great things to be into. :) Thanks for commenting, M!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I got 25 on the Kube thing. XD Thanks for sharing all the websites! They were so fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed them! I've been spending a little too much time on the kube thing...it's so fun. ;)

      xx

      Delete
    2. So I finally got a chance to listen to your concentration music, and it had a song from a video game I liked! Coincidence, much? Anyway, I wanted to share with you this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpv859SU30M. It's my concentration music (the best parts are at 0:15:20 and 1:01:55. ;)

      Delete
    3. Oh, thank you so much! I love listening to that kind of music. I skipped to those times and the second one is so pretty, the first one's really fun. :) I'll enjoy listening to the rest of it later, thanks Jo. :)

      xx

      Delete
    4. No problem :) glad you liked them!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing all of these! I love the quote ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy, I'm glad you like it!

      xx

      Delete
  4. My favourite parts of these posts by you is always the quote! <3 Beautifully found, as always.
    x Cloudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would love to type super fast!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win USA beauty goodies from lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. #practicing Thanks for commenting, Helen!

      xx

      Delete
  6. Computers are amazing! The programming music is cool and I like the quote. Keep it up!

    -Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seriously are! I'm glad you like them, and thanks, I will. :)

      xx

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the quizzes/tests! I can definitely get addicted to quizzes. I'm not sure why they are so enticing, but when I complete one, I have to complete another. Do you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, they're so fun. I don't even know why, but they are.

      xx

      Delete
  8. Hmm interesting post concept! Different from the typical "lately..." or "updates" type post that you see so often :) Nice!

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Emily! Thanks. :)

      xx

      Delete