Thursday, April 23, 2015

Second Blog Anniversary

via
This morning it snowed outside the hotel window. I rode in the car all day today, and yesterday, and the couple o' days before. It's vacation, though I'm still doing school. I love traveling, going places. Doesn't really matter where as long as I'm going somewhere. It continued snowing all day and I wrapped myself in a blanket and listened to music and thought about stuff. 

It's hard to comprehend that this blog has been around for two years. It feels a lot shorter than that, but mostly it feels a lot longer. I'm so thankful for the friends I've made here. My family moved once since I started this blog, and moved houses twice. All my older siblings left home. I turned 14, 15, 16. Funny what a difference there is between 13 and 16. 

I love writing here. I love writing out thoughts and reviews. I love reading and replying to y'all's comments. They make my day every time. You all are an awesome bunch. Thanks for reading, following, commenting - whatever it is you do. I appreciate it. You guys make my day.

It's late now and I'm tired. Snow always makes me feel like Christmas, and there are few feelings I love so much. I knew just what I wanted to say here earlier, but now I can't think. What I remember is a wish to somehow express my thankfulness of having this place and of making the friends I've made on Blogger. I don't know how to say it anymore though. I don't know how to explain the ways I've grown up since I started this blog, or the kind of happiness that comes of knowing this place is mine. It's fun having my own little place to fiddle with and write on and comment back and forth about books or movies or whatever it is. It's fun having my own little place. It's fun and I think you guys are awesome. xx

via
{First blog anniversary} Second blog anniversary: 171 posts; 133 followers on GFC; 85 on Bloglovin'; 22870 pageviews; 2236 comments

30 comments:

  1. Our blog anniversaries are one day apart! This is so cool!

    -Lauren xoxo

    pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's so cool! :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy second blogiversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Happy Birthday, A Free Mind :)
    Your blog is lovely, I always enjoy reading though your reviews and thoughtful posts. I can't wait to see what's in store for this blog in the next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hannah! <3

      xx

      Delete
  5. Happy second anniversary!!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! It is impressive that you've been able to maintain something for so long starting from such a young age. I hope blogging continues to become a better and better experience for you. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susanna! It's been a great experience so far and I've had a fun time with it, I hope it continues to be so!

      xx

      Delete
  7. Awww, that's fantastic! With how well you write and how mature your blog layout is, I would NOT have pegged you as only a two-year blogger! :D I also totally agree, wrapping myself in blankets, listening to music, and thinking on road trips is the only proper way to do it. :) Congrats dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Thank you, Chloe! :) Blankets + music + thinking make for a very cozy road trip.

      xox

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your second blog anniversary! That is so exciting. Also, snow always makes me think of Christmas as well and I thought it was so sad that this year we didn't get any snow until after Christmas.

    Cheers!

    Dani from A Vapor in the Wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle! Aw, sorry you didn't get snow on Christmas day, but I'm glad you did get some later (even if it was late!). :)

      xox

      Delete
  9. Happy 2nd Blogoversary! It seems like your last one wasn't that long ago; I can't believe how fast and slow time can feel. 8-O I'm so happy I found your blog when I did! Love you! <3 <3 <3

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! :D I know, it's crazy the way time is; it's weird how it can feel so much longer and so much shorter then it really is, but then maybe that's just the way it always feels. ;) I'm so happy you did too! :D You're such a great friend. ♥ Love you back! :)

      xx

      Delete
  10. Congratulations!! It really is funny how much we can grow in such little time at this age. God I was such a retard back when I started my blog, which was literally 8 months ago. I can't even comprehend your two years. You sound so perfectly content right now, and I guess you're making me want to leave and travel too...

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, M! Gosh, I know. It's amazing how much things and people can change in such a short time, and especially drastically when they're young. haha Some of my early posts...gee it makes me laugh just to think of them. ;) Traveling always makes me feel more content, I never really realized it before but it does. I guess I'm just not the sort of person who's made to stay in one place, I like new places and moving around.

      xox

      Delete
  11. Congrats on your two years! Your blog is absolutely amazing, I hope that you keep blogging for a long time ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy! You're so sweet. ♥

      xx

      Delete
  12. Happy second blog anniversary! It's weird that time will go by super fast or super slow... I'm not sure, but blogging feels like molasses; it doesn't feel fast but a lot of time passes by! ^.^ You can also see a progression of how your blog has changed when you look back... ah, the good ol' days.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Morning! It's cool how you can go back and read old posts and see how different they were and all. haha Yeah, the good ol' days. ;)

      xx

      Delete
  13. Congratulations, Sarah! I'm so glad that you started blogging. I've loved keeping up with this lovely blog of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hannah. <3

      xx

      Delete
  14. Wow! Congratulations! It's weird how time flies huh? I've been blogging for a total of... Hmm... Five years? Yeah. My most recent blog: Gingerlion's, http://gingergraphs.blogspot.com/ Has been going for three years this July. I hope you keep it up and fun doing it. Coffee helps.

    -Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Max! Wow, you have some blogging experience then! I hadn't realized you'd been blogging that long - that's cool! haha Coffee helps, yes it does. Though I prefer tea. ;)

      xx

      Delete
  15. Happy {late} second blogiversary, dear SW! May your blog continue to bring you joy and many more blogiversary celebrations. :)
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete