Thursday, April 30, 2015

In April

Isn't that cloud cute?
books:
Flame-Colored Taffeta, by Rosemary Sutcliff
Great Men of Medicine, by Ruth Fox Hume

film:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
I Dream of Jeannie
Once Upon a Time
Nanny Diaries (Chris Evans & Scarlett Johansson) - It was a fun chick flick and had some interesting camera work and effects. 
*Sleeping Beauty ♥
*Oklahoma 
The Fantastic Four 
Percy Jackson - I liked it, it has some clever ideas and the main actor is good, but there parts where it turned laughable, and it was easy to see the books are probably much better.* Still, I'd like to watch the second movie sometime. 
*The Three Musketeers - I've watched this movie so many times, but I still love it and laugh at every joke.

† Landmark Book
* seen before

week posts: one & two

I'm currently away from home and most of those pictures were taken out of the car window. The next few weeks are gonna be a rush of finishing school. It's that time of year. What books and movies/tv did you enjoy especially in April? I hope you all have a truly lovely May. Who's planning on seeing Avengers: Age of Ultron in theaters? xx


* (spoilers) If all the Greek myths are true how did Percy and his friends meet Medusa? I mean, she died in a Greek myth, Perseus killed her. 

18 comments:

  1. I'm so ready for Age of Ultron.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even have an excuse anymore for Age of Ultron! It came out a few days ago but I couldn't find the time. :( Did you hear that they're making a new Fantastic Four movie? It's probably because they don't want Chris Evans to play two superheroes in the Marvel universe. And that cloud is adorable (I didn't know clouds could be). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me neither! I just want a break from being so busy with school and stuff so I can go see it. It's gonna be great. :) Yeah, I did hear that...haha yeah, maybe. Or they're just remaking them 'cause the first weren't that great. My sister said it looks like a pixar cloud. :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had a nice April. It was nice reading through the posts you did whilst I was blog breaking. They were brilliant!
    Love ~ S. F. (<--that is the first time I have called myself S. F. since March--wow!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're so sweet, thank you girlie. ♥

      xx

      Delete
  4. Nice photos! Age of Ultron is going to be epic! My cousins went to see it in theaters yesterday. (I was laying flooring.) I'm glad you had a nice April, I know I did! You're right, Medusa did die... Hmm...
    I saw 'Paddington' yesterday, best movie ever!

    -Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Max! I got to see it today and it seriously was! I'm still kinda in shock from how great it was. :D I'm glad you had a good April. Aw, Paddington was so sweet, I'm glad you liked it!

      xx

      Delete
  5. I love all of your photos! I hope that you have a great May, too ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy, on both accounts!

      xox

      Delete
  6. Great pictures, Sarah!

    Ooo, to answer your Percy Jackson question! The reason Medusa is still alive in the story is that she is immortal, and can't really die - not for good, anyway. They (gods, monsters, etc) can be killed, but there's a chance they can come back even then. At least, if I can remember correctly I think that's the case! You should read the books, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! :)

      Oh, okay. I guess that makes sense in the story...does that mean the demigods don't die too, or are they different 'cause they're just demi? But I guess that could make sense...I mean people (or someone) in a Greek myth went to Hades one time to get someone back to the land of the living, I think. I was thinking the story sounded fun and the books could be good, so I'm glad to hear you like them. :) I'll keep them in mind, they sound fun. :)

      xx

      Delete
  7. You were in St. Louis? Cheers for Missouri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drove through it at least. :) Missouri's beautiful.

      xx

      Delete
  8. Hey Sarah, I tagged you for this list tag, 10 Favorite Screen Characters: http://howtowatchamotionpicture.blogspot.com/2015/05/10-favorite-screen-characters.html

    Play if you like!

    Lovely photos, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll go check it out. :)

      Thanks!

      xx

      Delete
  9. These pictures are so beautiful! (And yes, that cloud is super cute.) I love driving photos. <3 GAH, traveling. Nothing like it. I've been writing like a monster and not reading much of anything. But I did enjoy rewatching seasons of Downton Abbey. x) Enjoy your road trip, girl!

    love,
    beezee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beezee. Traveling is great. That's cool you've been writing a lot. :)

      xx

      Delete