Sunday, March 08, 2015

This Week, March 1

via
loved:
This interview
Randomly going shopping with my mom for ten minutes
Reading The Invasion, by C. S. Lewis
The 'babysitting' scene in X-Men 2
Playing Phantom of the Opera music on my violin
Listening to Awesome Mix Vol.1 in the car with my mom
Cheesy tortilla chips. Just, yes.
Ramin Karimloo's awesome voice as the Phantom
When you convince your siblings to give you head rubs
Singing random songs (e.g. Music of the Night, Agony, Non Nobis Domine) with meh sibs

favorite song:
All I Ask of You, from Phantom of the Opera, sung by Sierra Boggess and Hadley Fraser (x)
Immortals, by Fall Out Boy
favorite quote:
Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while
others are playing; and dream while others are wishing. - William Arthur Ward


The Captain America comic book I ordered came this week and I read the first bit. I love the illustrations. I love comics, they're so cool, and different. I love how visual they are. And I love how, like a movie, the panels/pictures are set up to tell as much as possible about the story, every detail adds to it. The story itself seems like it's going to be pretty good, it started well. But I think I'm gonna save reading the rest of it til I finish school for the year or something, as a reward.

I guess I do these weekly posts to remind myself of the good things all through the week as I jot this list down. 'Cause it's not like everything is perfect or happy, but there's still a lot of good, and making this list helps me notice and appreciate it.

So what were some of your favorite things from this past week? xx

16 comments:

  1. I didn't know you read comics :D
    Which one is your favourite? o.O
    I don''t think I can leave a comics after reading a couple of pages :P
    I love Awesome Mix Vol 1 it had such good songs on it :D

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first, actually, so that'd be why. :) haha Yeah, once I start reading it I just want to sit there and drink my tea and read my comic and that's all.
      I love that music. :)

      xox

      Delete
  2. Awesome Mix, Vol. 1 is the best. And to think I used to dislike 80s music . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm glad you've seen the light with 80s music. ;) Seriously though, that music rocks.

      xox

      Delete
    2. I love 80's music, it's much better than all the 'Mainstream' stuff going on these days.

      -Max

      Delete
    3. 60s, 70s, 80s - that music is great. :D

      Delete
  3. Nice post! I haven't read any comics really, I never could get into them... I like myself a good novel. I really liked the quote by William Arthur Ward. Thanks for posting every week! It gives me something to look forward to!

    -Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the artwork of the comic I'm reading (it's my first), but so far I like the characters because I already love them from the movies, I haven't read very far in the comic yet. haha I like meself a good novel too. ;) I'm glad you like the quote. Aw, thanks man!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Immortals by Fall Out Boy! Just....yes. That whole album of theirs is one I've been enjoying since it came out.

    Also that Captain America comic sounds good. which one was it? I recently read the Civil War comics. Many tears were shed. but it was great. I love Cap.

    sounds like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I love that song. I haven't listened to much of the rest of their music, I guess I should give it a try!

      It's called "Captain America: The Winter Soldier Ultimate Collection" and it's by Ed Brubaker. Oo, the Civil War comics look really cool, I'm glad to hear you liked them.

      xox

      Delete
  5. I love randomly going shopping! Gosh, you are lucky to go and read comics! I read manga, but the reason for no comics is because the libraries I go to don't provide them. They're fragile delicate things... sometimes I read them at my friends' house but it's quite rare. I think the last comic I read was this one based off of Agents of Shield...

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think the library near me has them either, but honestly I never really use the public library. I'd been wanting to read a Marvel comic for a while, so finally I just bought this one for myself, which is part of why it's special to me. :)

      xox

      Delete
  6. I really like these posts of yours. I've toyed with doing something similar, maybe once a month. "Things I Found in February" or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'm so glad you like them! :) That would be cool, you could at least try it out once or something to see how you like it, it'd be fun to read. :)

      xx

      Delete
  7. What a lovely post! I really like the quote ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I'm glad you like it. xox

      Delete