Sunday, March 01, 2015

This Week, Feb. 22

via

loved:
Having the window open and listening to the rain
Going on a long hike and it being really (I mean really) windy
Watching random movie clips with my mom from POTC and Narnia and other things
How doing math makes my brain feel so calmed down and clear
Pretty light on the trees
Watching Captain America: The First Avenger -  I love superhero movies (and Steve and Bucky)

favorite song:
The Winter Soldier, by Henry Jackman (from the Captain America 2 soundtrack)
Gathering Stories, by Jonsi

favorite  quotes:
"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775

"Not today." Captain Steve Rogers



Guys I'm so excited 'cause I ordered Captain America: Winter Soldier Ultimate Collection by Ed Brubaker yesterday and it should come sometime the middle of this week. I haven't read any Marvel comics before. I can't wait.
If you hadn't noticed I'm going through a Marvel phase. It's a good thing.

Hope you all have a good week. xx

19 comments:

  1. Nice post! I loved 'The Winter Soldier' It was great!

    -Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Max! Winter Soldier was amazing. :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. The Winter Soldier! <3 <3 Ooh, I've never read a Marvel comic either--you'll have to inform us on how it is!

    MATH MAKES YOU CALM? How?! Share your secrets. XD

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Math makes me feel calm when I understand it...

      -Max

      Delete
    2. ♥ I'm looking forward to it. :D

      haha Once I understand the concept I'm learning math makes me feel calm (like Max said), probably just because it forces my brain to think methodically and just calm down from the crazy rush of ideas, it makes my brain feel all 'sorted out' and organized, if that makes any sense. ;)

      xx

      Delete
    3. * Raises a hand in agreement *

      -Max

      Delete
  3. Marvelllllll. ♥

    Plus I love that Patrick Henry quote.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Patrick Henry quote is pure awesome. And so is Cap - he's the best. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much awesomeness. :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. Those quotes are priceless <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like 'em too. :)

      xox

      Delete
  6. Marvel phrases are good. Math and I have a mixed relationship. :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes they are. :D haha I feel the same way about biology.

      xox

      Delete
  7. Oh, I love rain! I wish it was warm enough to rain here, it's all snow right now ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Aw, snow's pretty too. ♥

      xx

      Delete
  8. Marvel phases are very good things. In fact, I'm in the process of one because AOS is out again (oh, bless). I love Steve. And Bucky. And Peggy. And Tony and Howard Stark. And every single Marvel character including Loki.
    Alright, I'd better stop (ha).
    Lovely post as always <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha That list of I love -- could go on for a while. ;) Cap. Black Widow. Stark (make that plural). Loki. Carter. Thor. etc. etc.
      Aw girl, you're sweet.
      xox

      Delete