Saturday, March 07, 2015

hope

via
This is something I wrote last year after coming home from X-Men: Days of Future Past - last night I watched DOFP (I love that movie) for a second time and remembered it. I'm slightly embarrassed to put this here, but I still want to, so I am. Oh, and this song is so beautiful: Hope (Xavier's Theme), by John Ottman.


The strength of his heart was the strength of his gift, and his heart was broken. When one falls and breaks their heart there are few ropes strong enough to pull them back onto their feet. But one is hope.

The mind is a fragile and beautiful thing; and it is so easy to trick oneself into believing a falsity in order to relieve a burden or pain. He told himself that he was afraid of the pain in the voices he heard. But he had fallen down and broken his heart and perhaps it was his own pain that he feared. He needed to be thrown the strong rope of hope so that he might stand again and listen to the voices. Because when one listens they begin to care. And when one cares their heart grows bigger than they could have ever believed possible and stronger than they would have imagined. The strength of his heart was his strength itself. His gift was to carry the burdens of others and in doing so he became the strongest of them all, because he had strength in his heart to hope, even for the world.

6/21/14

14 comments:

  1. Whoa deep! Very well written :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!!! That was one of my favorite scenes from the movies...Xavier is such an amazing character. ♥

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much. <3 It was one of my favorite scenes too. He is an amazing character. :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't watched DOFP... it's on my television but until my brother watches Big Hero 6 then we cannot watch any other movies. It's prioritizing. XD

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Prioritizing." haha I know how that is. :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. That movie seriously broke me. That whole scene....I cant get through it without crying and I almost didnt read this post because of it. its that powerful to me.
    but Im glad I sucked it up and read it because dang that was beautiful. Im glad Im not the only one who felt so deeply about that movie. the theme of hope was so intense in that and just I cant even talk about it because I dont have the words.

    but seriously beautiful. I love your writing. you are so talented. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely crying through that scene in the theater. I always expected wise words from the Professor, but I never thought they'd strike me so hard. Thank you for saying that, I'm just so so glad you relate. haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt deeply about that movie.

      Thank so you much, Faith. You are so, so kind. <3

      xox

      Delete
  5. Mmm. Very nice! I want to rewatch this again soon -- maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hamlette. It's such a good movie, I'd forgotten how much I loved the scenes with Quicksilver. :)

      xx

      Delete
  6. Your writing is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, Amy.

      xox

      Delete
  7. What amazing words. Beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cindy. ♥

      xox

      Delete