Sunday, February 22, 2015

This Week, Feb. 15

via
loved:
When the wind in the trees sounds like the ocean
This post by Faith
Watching Agent Carter with my dad ♥
Going out to lunch with my dad and theorizing on Agent Carter
Post-it notes
Making up stories in my head
Getting letters in the mail - one of which was from an eleven year old boy who I have a letter correspondence with,
his letters are so matter-of-fact and awesome (and the whole thing is always one very long paragraph).
Reading my favorite blogs
Playing Pirates of the Caribbean music on my violin - guys, this is something I've wanted to do since I heard
the POTC music for the first time years ago; I don't have the sheet music for my favorite songs
(Up Is Down, What Shall We Die For and At Wit's End), but it's ridiculously fun to play The Kraken. ♥

favorite songs:
Sherry, The Four Seasons
You Make Me Feel So Young, Frank Sinatra
Feeling Good, Micheal Buble'

favorite quotes:
"...I'm not saying ignore
By all means do something if you feel for a cause 
But you can't feel poor enough 
To enrich one single person on this planet 
And you can't feel bad enough 
To fill one single soul with happiness." - Akala

 "Your desire to help others is noble, but I doubt you'll find much success
 unless you allow others to help you." - Edwin Jarvis, Agent Carter



I hope you all had a good week and that this coming one is a great one for each of you. xx

Why is it that all my posts are published late at night? I should go to bed. G'night.

22 comments:

  1. I'm up later than usual literally listening to pirate music and plotting out my book! We must be alike. :D
    A. WHY AM I NOT WATCHING AGENT CARTER? and B. amazing second quote. So relevant. :D

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe Awesome. :D One day I shall play pirate music for you on my violin while you write. ;) Gosh, girl, you should. I know, I love that quote.

      xx

      Delete
  2. Agent Carter!That show is so awesome! :D
    Can't wait for the final episode tomorrow so pumped for it :)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! :D I just saw the last episode last night, I'm sad it's ended. Hopefully there'll be a second season. ;)

      xx

      Delete
  3. Very fun post! I wish I had an actual, written letter correspondence! So cool that you do!

    -Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Letter correspondences are so fun. :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Awwww when I saw you mentioned my post I got so smiley and happy! awww thank you so so much<3 you made my day. thank you.

    also that quote from Agent Carter.....woah....I really needed that today. I wrote that down in my journal the second I read it. thank you. wow. I really should start watching that show regularly. I only saw half the pilot...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that post of yours. ♥ Aw, I'm so glad you like it too. It really stood out to be in AC, the actor who plays Jarvis has a way of delivering his lines. haha You should! It's so much fun. :)

      xox

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of Agent Carter; I'll have to go look it up!
    Lovely quote and post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jordy! I'm glad you like the quote. xox

      Delete
  6. I love the Pirates of the Carribean music. In Orchestra, we got to play this one five minute piece from one of the movies as an entire ensemble. My brother loves the music, too; but he does love Hans Zimmerman. I need to get started watching Agent Carter; the new season of OUAT is out next week, and I need to watch the entire second season of Agents of Shield. I'm so far behind...

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, man, that must have been awesome! What song did you play? haha I'm a big fan of Hans Zimmer too. :) What, I didn't realize OUAT started up again so soon! yay! :D (Why are there so many exclamation points in this comment? This is weird.)

      xox

      Delete
  7. JARVIS <3 AGENT CARTER <3
    i'm so sad that it's ending but then aos is returning so i have mixed feelings hahah
    and getting letters in the mail (especially like the ones you described) are perfection. literal perfection.
    i'm glad; your week sounded pretty awesome (: xxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. ♥ YES. ♥
      Ahh, this comment is late and the show's already ended...I already miss it. But that's true, Coulson will be back soon to save the day. ;)
      hehe Yep, I agree. They're awesome.
      Thanks, girl! xox

      Delete
  8. Your blog post inspired me to write a similar "thankfuls" post on my own blog. Thank you for sharing this and creating such a lovely portrait of the many good things God blesses us with. :)

    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Danielle. I've noticed that since I started doing these weekly lists I've been appreciating things more in general, it's good to have something that makes you look for the good little things. :) Now I'm gonna go read your post. :)

      xox

      Delete
  9. What a lovely post! I love the quotes ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! I'm glad you like them. :)
      xox

      Delete
  10. that last quote though! gotta love jarvis :) and i tagged you in the #profoundly loved blog party!
    xoxojana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously though, yes. :) Aw thanks, Jana!
      xox

      Delete