Saturday, February 14, 2015

These Two Past Weeks and Happy St. Valentine's Day!


Sir Leon is awesome.
via
(this is a mesh of the last two weeks)

loved:
audiobooks by P.G. Wodehouse read by Jonathan Cecil
reading The Trachtenberg Speed System of Basic Mathematics - totally cool
watching Doctor Who with my mom and her liking it ♥ (I'm rewatching the whole thing with her, starting with Nine. This is a good thing. I like Nine better this time around, and Rose.)
talking about Stan Lee comics with random people
Bet on It & The Boys are Back from HSM
Bananas - I dunno, they're so pretty and smell so banana-ish, it's nice.
Agent Carter - I didn't like it at first, but I do now.

favorite song:
favorite quote:
Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space 
I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.
the Doctor, Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol
and this one

I had my wisdom teeth out last week, and then had to stay in bed for a bit, so I watched old Doctor Who and Merlin episodes (I love them) and a little of Psych (which is hilariously funny, but not really my thing; I wouldn't watch it if I wasn't sick, if you know what I mean). The actual surgery was kinda interesting, I couldn't feel anything and was just relaxed feeling because of the pain medicine - which I was told I probably wouldn't remember any of the surgery because of and in defiance of that I wrote down everything I could remember immediately afterwards, and now I'm left with vague but accurate memories of the whole thing. ha.
Oh, and now my jaw is sore, and, as you all probably know, you hold a violin while playing it using a method of squeeze-balancing the end of it against your chin and cheek, which I can't really do right now, so instead I've been plucking it and holding it like a ukulele. It sounds kinda cute. ha.

This is a rather late, but I hope you all had a happy Valentine's day. ♥ 

26 comments:

  1. haha you're so cute <3 i've never had my wisdom teeth removed too (never want that experience for myself) but you make it sound like a pretty chill thing which i appreciate hahah. and yes, using violins like ukulele = rad + fun. happy v-day to you too xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know how else to say it. haha But it really wasn't that bad, and didn't really hurt till like the day after, but as long as you've got something fun to take your mind off it it's fine. Like Pysch. Very funny. ;)
      hehe, yes. Totally rad. Thanks, girl!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jordy! I hope you had a good day. ♥

      xx

      Delete
  3. What a great post! I love Doctor Who (and Merlin too) ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you like Merlin! Those two shows are so wonderful. :)
      And thanks!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Dr. Who, Merlin, Psych, P.G. Wodehouse . . . these are all good things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, that Merlin graphic. Also Dr. Who and Merlin and Psych. ;) Basically everything Lydia said.
    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That scene was so funny. :) I love those shows, especially the first two.

      xx

      Delete
  6. Great post! Hope you had an amazing valentines day!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee, and you too!

      xx

      Delete
  7. I'm sometimes so confused with people who don't like bananas. How can someone not like bananas? Seriously? And lucky that you got to watch old Doctor Who. It's not on demand where I live and I don't have Netflix. >.< I also need to watch Merlin.... O-o

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got a mental image of you and me and the minions standing up in defense of bananas. :) hehe I know, watching old DW episodes is great, and it makes me love the show even more; I'm sorry you don't have them available to watch. :( And Merlin is such a dear show, I really hope you see that one sometime.

      xox

      Delete
  8. I hope you had a good Valentines Day, Sarah! I'm glad you're liking Agent Carter now! I just adore it so much. :D Feel all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! :) And thanks. Yes! I love Agent Carter now. :D It was a little slow at the start and has a rather uneven pace, but I love the characters, and the music and everything is so fun, and I love the time period of the 40s. :)

      xx

      Delete
  9. Great post! That's so awesome that your mom is watching Doctor Who with you! #coolmomstatus (forgive the hashtag, I've been doing that today)

    I really love that DW line that you quoted. Also, I didn't know that you played violin! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe That's okay, I totally understand. There are days. ;) It is so fun, and I'm so happy she likes it. :D
      Yeah, I do. Not for quite a year yet, but I love it. ;)

      xx

      Delete
  10. Great post! Sorry you can't properly play the violin, but at least you found a loophole to stay inspired!

    -Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's actually been kinda fun picking it. ;) And I'm happy 'cause I can play it the right way again now. :) *jumps in the air with joy*

      xx

      Delete
  11. I laughed when I saw the quote from Merlin tied with the pictures. A lot of people have told me that I should watch Merlin, and I think that they're right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merlin is the dearest show. I think it'll always be the one I love most. It really is dear. If you do watch it I hope you like it. :)
      And it's funny. ;)

      xx

      Delete
  12. LOL I was put under for my wisdom teeth so I have zero memories other than them trying to get me into the car for the ride home XD Hope you heal up quickly! :D

    Happy Belated Valentines Day! I love Merlin, I want to rewatch it sometime soon!!! :D

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Yeah, I've just got these vague memories, and then a clearer memory of being walked to the car and feeling all vague and wobbly and wanting to go home and watch Doctor Who. ;)

      You too, Jamie! ♥ I love Merlin so much. :)

      xx

      Delete
  13. This was probably my all-time favorite Merlin episode. Now I am getting overwhelmed with nostalgia and I think I'll have to watch some Merlin tonight as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of my favorites as well. :) That sounds nice, I hope you get to!

      xox

      Delete