Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Here's to 2015

Towards the end of twenty-thirteen I began to write daily in my journal and because of that took more notice of the new year when it arrived. Last year I wrote in my journal every day. I like journaling daily, and I've noticed that it's improved my memory and attention to detail. Besides, I like having a record of thoughts and ideas. I'd like to continue journaling this year. 

by moi
I like lists, so here are a few. :) First, some things that happened and that I did last year for the first time:

Began taking violin lessons in May; I love it, the feeling I get just picking at the notes of songs like Across the Stars is wonderful. | Went to L.V. | Had my first real summer job. Two words: stressful and fun. It was a neat experience though and totally new. | Finished BBC's Merlin. This is more of a last and probably doesn't seem like something to put here, but that show means a lot to me. | Learned a teeny-tiny bit of coding. | Reached 100 followers on this blog. | Turned sixteen. I didn't want to at first and I had this irrational fear that Peter Pan wouldn't take me to Neverland because I was too old (you can probably tell I still half believe every story I read), but then I figured there really wasn't anything I could do about it, so I might as well take it as it comes and take it well. I like it now though. | Went to Disneyland. I'd been to Disney World before but not land. My mom took my younger sister and I. We were there for three days, the first of which happened to be my birthday. It was the best ever. | 2014 was the first full year after moving last year. | And in December I finally chose and got a camera

Three popular posts in 2014:
How to Build a Mind Palace
Write Freely
Blogger Recognition award

And three popular reviews:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Maleficent

via
Eleven things I'd like to do this new year: 
  • go outside more
  • do more art & do more crafts 
  • read the Bible more
  • blog more & practice writing posts quicker
  • get my learner's permit for driving
  • enjoy things & be grateful (I forget sometimes)
  • spend my time wisely and well
  • don't stress so much & don't worry so much
  • gain self confidence & quit being so self conscious
  • continue to work on the Congressional Award
  • make some new friends 


It's late and I just finished watching Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith with my brother, he's an awesome brother. I'd only seen it once before and that a long time ago, suddenly so many thing about the star wars saga make sense. There're four inches of snow on the ground and I'm tired. 

I hope you all have a very happy new year. I love you guys. Happy twenty-fifteen. Here's to the new year. 

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you;
he will never leave you nor forsake you. {Deuteronmy 31:6 NIV}

24 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... That was so awesome! Wow, you're really good at this blogging thing, although I've been doing it for like four years, I never really got the hang of it. Anyways, great post hope you have a great new year!

    -Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks, Max. :) And happy new year to you too!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've had a great year! I've been to Disneyland before, but I only recollect bits and pieces. And getting a driver's permit and summer job... Ah, this is probably going to be the two things consuming my life over the summer.... And Winnie the Pooh! Gosh, he is so adorable. I gave him a huge hug during my vacation this year; it feels so surreal and amazing. Hope you have a fun-filled and blessed 2015!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, probably the same for me. :/ Isn't he?! I love him. Aw, that's wonderful. :) Where'd you meet him? Thank you, Morning, you too!

      xox

      Delete
  3. beautiful<3

    happy new year and I pray that 2015 is incredible for you. I pray that God would teach you and that you would grow closer to Him and that you would live freely and happily in this new year.

    also I love that bible verse you put in at the end:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, every one of those things is something I've been praying a lot about recently. Thank you, Faith. You're awesome.

      I love that verse. :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. What a great year! I hope 2015 is just as great for you!
    That Winnie the Pooh quote was the very definition of adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jordy! I hope you have an absolutely fantastic 2015. :)
      I'm glad you liked it. Winnie the Pooh is a favorite of mine. :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. People who keep consistent journals are impressive to me. So, you're impressive! XD

    It sounds like 2014 was a pretty good year for you! EEEK for Merlin and wow you got to go to Disney!! 8-D Your list for 2015 sounds great, I hope you're able to do them all! <3

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Thanks, Jamie. :D

      Merlin - yes. It was so much fun to go to d-land, it really is "the happiest place on earth." :) I'm so grateful I got to go. Thanks, I hope so too. :)

      xx

      Delete
  6. Happy 2015 SW! I hope that yours is amazing ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! And happy 2015 to you!

      xox

      Delete
  7. Very nice. :) Happy new year, S!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. You too!

      xx

      Delete
  8. I love your blog! Your writing is truly amazing! 2014 seemed to be an amazing year for you and I truly hope that 2015 is just as great!
    missace99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful 2015!

      xx

      Delete
  9. so cute! happy new year! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you too!

      xx

      Delete
  10. *gasp* Winnie the Pooh! :O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, SW! May it be the best one yet. ♥
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, S.F.! :) You too!

      xx

      Delete
  12. Oh my gosh, you started violin?! That's great! I'm a violinist myself. I actually wrote up a bucket list on my blog here that I think you'd like, check it out!

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! :) I love it. I'll go check it out now. :)

      xx

      Delete