Tuesday, December 30, 2014

In December

pictures by me, unedited

books:
  • † Martin Luther, by Harry Emerson Fosdick
  • † The Fall of Constantinople, by Bernardine Kielty
  • A Poetry Handbook, by Mary Oliver - I get interested in random things and then want to learn about them, that's what this was. I liked the poetry selections used for examples. 
  • The Giver, by Lois Lowry - Very neat book, the story never really drew me in but the ideas did.

movies:

  • The Polar Express - Didn't care for this one. 
  • Penguins of Madagascar - The penwings are cute.
  • Arthur Christmas
  • An Evergreen Christmas - meh. 
  • *Star Trek: Into Darkness
  • Treasure Planet - Really liked this one, and watching it with my little sister. 
  • The Giver - Cool story idea, but I didn't feel like it was quite rounded out. Working on a review of this one.
  • *Star Wars (episodes 4,5 & 6) - I hadn't seen 'em for a such a long time and I'd forgotten how much I really just love those movies. 
  • *Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
  • Into the Woods - Working on a review of this one, should be up in a few days. 
  • *Guardians of the Galaxy - It's just so fun. (I hadn't noticed before though quite how much bad language there is.) And my grandfather enjoyed it. :)
† Landmark Book
* seen before

I just finished doing a Spanish exam and my brain feels sad. o.o So. I'd wanted to get a camera for a long time, and after a lot of researching and bugging people (including some of you - thanks) with questions about their cameras, I got a Canon T3i. I'm very happy with it, it's perfect for what I wanted it for. I love it. Now to decide on a name. 


I hope you all had a very merry and wonderful Christmas. My grandparents visited for Christmas and it was so much fun. We went to a candlelight service Christmas Eve, and Christmas day we woke up late - well, my little sister and I woke up earlier and watched the opening scenes of Return of the Jedi till other people appeared - and opened presents in pajamas and laughed - we laugh a lot - and it snowed a couple of inches. I took pictures and sat around in PJ's being happy. It's one of my favorite Christmases. 



We all (my family + grandparents) went to see Into the Woods a couple nights ago. It was really fun and I enjoyed it a lot. And, gosh, have any of you see it yet? That scene when they sing Agony- I think the whole theater was in stitches. It was so fun to see it with everyone, and I love watching movies in theater and everyone laughing together and clapping at the end. What books and movies did you enjoy especially in December? And I'd love to hear what you did for Christmas. xx

26 comments:

  1. Ah Into the Woods! One of my favourite musicals to have played in. My schools production was fun but nothing compared to the movie which comes out in 7 days here. Agony is so funny though! (I have the soundtrack) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You played in it?! So cool! Yes! Agony is hilarious, and they really make it crazy funny in the movie. :D I was listening to the soundtrack yesterday and some of the songs are so pretty, I like Children Will Listen especially. Have fun seeing it! :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. Wow..stunning photographs :D

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Neal, I had fun taking taking 'em. :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely photography! Can't wait to read your reviews. Into The Woods isn't out here yet, but I'm excited to see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! I've been working on them.... I'll be interested to hear what you think of Into the Woods when you see it. :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photographs, dear!
    I would say I'm jealous, but I just got snow in my backyard (and I live in Southern California so that's stinking crazy) and am freaking out!
    Can't wait to see your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jordy!
      Yay! Snow is wonderful, I'm so glad you got some. :)
      Thanks, again. :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. ACK, those pictures! Oh my goodness you're great! I love the one of the lake! Good camera choice -- I love my Canon. :)

    Looking forward to your review of The Giver. I thought the book and movie were both interesting. I haven't seen Into the Woods yet, but may soon.

    Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I did too, but I wish we could have gotten some snow! Even a couple inches...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah. It's so fun to play around with my camera. :D Ooo, you have a Canon too, cool! :)

      Yeah, The Giver was interesting...I read the book right after seeing the movie and I kinda wonder if I'd like the movie differently if I'd done it the other way round. But it had some cool ideas. I hope you write a review of it when you do see it, I'd like to read it. :)

      Christmas was great, and I'm so glad you had a good one too! :) Yeah, snow....

      xx

      Delete
  6. Wow, your photos are gorgeous! ♥
    Happy New Year!
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! <3
      You too!

      xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos! Your skill makes me really embarrassed about my lack there off. But honestly, great photos. I remember when I got my DLSR, it felt like nothing else. Enjoy playing with it:) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying playing with it. :D My favorite toy. ;) I'm glad you like the pictures, and thanks. :) Happy new year to you too!

      xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely photos! Never had a white Christmas before, I want to visit America just so I can:-)
    I'd love to see Into the Woods!! Can't wait for your review! I saw Mockingjay part 1 a few weeks ago. Wow, it was amazing. All the best for 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. :) Yes! Come visit. :)
      Into the Woods was really fun. Thanks, I'm having fun working on it. :) Same to you!

      xx

      Delete
  9. Your December/Christmas sounds awesome! Ohmigoodness, I need to see Into The Woods. I feel like it's kinda the new Les Mis with the whole broadway musical turned movie thing. {It is broadway, right? I'm not just imagining that?} :p

    Do me a favor and have the best new year of your life, please. ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading some reviews of it and a number of them compared Into the Woods with Les Mis too. Yeah, it was a broadway musical. :) And it makes sense, there are a lot of similarities it seems like (I haven't seen Les Mis).

      Thanks, Madeline. :) You too!

      xx

      Delete
  10. I like the one of daddy's boots. :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe. Glad you like it. :)

      xx

      Delete
  11. Amazing job on the photos, they look so great! Unedited you say? Hmm, they looked it! It speaks towards your skill with the camera! I got twelve different coffees for Christmas! (I love coffee) I also got the Fourth Doctor's Scarf! It is epic. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a happy new year!

    -Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! haha That's awesome. :) Coffee smells so wonderful, but it never tastes that way to me, so I'm a tea drinker. ;) The Fourth Doctor's scarf! That's so totally fun. :D Thank you, and you too. :)

      xx

      Delete
  12. Merry Christmas, Happy new year! I love your photographs, they're so rich and pretty. My parents got me a T3i for my birthday, and I absolutely love him (named him Icarus). Do post what you name your camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie, you too! And thanks again. :) Ooo, fun. :) Icarus is a really cool name. I will, it may take a bit for me to decide on a name though!

      xx

      Delete