Thursday, November 20, 2014

Upcoming Releases

I like lists; I like movies. So here I’ve made a list of movies coming out this December and next year which I’m looking forward to. They’re listed in the order of their release dates and I’ve made notes by each pointing out their highlights, as I see ‘em. ;) The titles are linked to trailers, teaser trailers - whatever’s been released that I could find. I’d really love to hear what movies you’re looking forward to seeing this December and next year. :)

The first set of titles are movies I'm excited about and the 'others' are, well, others: movies I'm vaguely interested in, to varying degrees, and might become more interested in later on.

This December:
The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies; The trailer is amazing and beautiful. Very excited about this one and really looking forward to seeing it with all my family when everyone’s home for Christmas. - 17th
Into the Woods; Fairy tales. Johnny Depp. Great cast. I'd really like to see this one. Wrote a post about this one here.  - 25th


Others:
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb; Not a fan of the potty humor but I liked the first one okay. - 19th
Unbroken; Based on the book of the same name which tells the story of Louis Zamperini.  I didn’t want to see the movie, but then I watched the trailer. From the trailer it looks like the movie is a parallel to the book. Reading the book was hard, for me; the brutality, the pain, the inhuman cruelty. But I liked the book, the story (though really ‘like’ doesn’t seem the right word, more like awed by), because of the unbreakable spirit, and the hope at the end of all that suffering. Directed by Angelina Jolie. - 25th


2015:
Cinderella; Disney; live action. I’m very excited by the trailer and the cast looks great, especially Helena Bonham Carter as the fairy Godmother. And the fact that it’s directed by Kenneth Branagh makes me twice as excited. - March 13th
Avengers: Age of Ultron; The trailer is epic (I don't use that word often or lightly), and if a trailer is a taste of a movie, as I've always taken them to be, this movie is going to be stunning, intensely full, good. - May 1st
The Jungle Book; Disney; live action (I'm pretty sure). Idris Elba as Khan. - October 9th
Mission Impossible V; They’re just fun. Tom Cruise; Jeremy Renner. - December 25th
Pan; The only reason I'm really interested in this movie is that it's about Peter Pan, I don't actually know much more than that about it. - July 17th


Others:
Tomorrowland; Disney; I heard it was in some way connected to the Tomorrowland Disney theme parks. Not really interested but I’ll wait ‘n' see. - May 22d
Minions; Not sure what to say. I'm not really interested. - July 10th
The Fantastic Four; Same for this one. - August 7th
Star Wars: Episode VII; I love the originals and I really hope this new episode will be like them.  - December 18th
The Adventures of Tintin II; I’m not interested in seeing this in theaters but the first one was fun. Directed by Peter Jackson. - Unknown Release Date

29 comments:

  1. Oh these all look wonderful! :)
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to 'em. :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. I am so looking forward to the Avengers!! And I didn't know they were making a new Cinderella but I need to watch that too!! It looks amazing.

    As for now, I'm looking forward to Mockingjay tomorrow, that new Annie, and Love, Rosie.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The Cinderella trailer really does look good.

      I don't think I know anything about Love, Rosie, I'll have to look it up. :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to all of these movies! So many are coming out during the holidays... Big Hero 6, Interstellar, Mockingjay, Annie, the Hobbit, Into the Woods! I've watched only the first two, but I'm excited for everything coming this way! The movie line up is great!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I saw Big Hero 6 last night and I love it so much! It really is. :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Oh Cinderella! Wasn't the trailer magnificent?
    I'm mostly looking forward to that, and Battle of the Five Armies!
    Into the Woods looks very strange...I hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's a perfect word for it. :)
      The two I'm excited about most are Age of Ultron and Battle of the Five Armies. It's so strange to think this is the last Hobbit movie.
      Yeah, I guess it does. ;) But I think it looks fun too. :) I was informed by my sister last night that it's actually a musical...which makes it stranger, in my mind. I'm still not sure how I feel about that.... But it has a really good cast.

      xx

      Delete
  5. Ack, I didn't realize at first that the Into the Woods poster was a gif and it freaked me out when I saw it move!

    Nice list, there are so many good movies coming around the corner! Definitely excited for The Hobbit, and I will want to see Into The Wood too. Night at the Museum 3 -- exactly what you said. Plus, Dan Stevens as Lancelot! :D Also Cinderella (Kenneth Branagh is the perfect director for this), Age of Ultron (no words), Jungle Book (except there are two version coming out near each other, so I don't know which one I should be excited for! One has Andy Serkis, and the other Benedict Cumberbatch, I think.) MI5 (yes, yes, yes! I love Jere-- I mean, the MI movies....) Fantastic Four (I'm curious about this one, and if it's good that'd be very cool) Star Wars 7 (I still can't even believe they're making it -- it's like I'm dreaming it) and Tintin (I love Tintin! And now that PJ's done with The Hobbit he'd better get to work on it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BWAHAHAH (That's supposed to be an evil laugh.) Isn't it a cool poster though? There's a whole series of 'em like that and they all move in some place, I think they look really cool. :)

      Good! I hope you write reviews of those 'cause then I'll read 'em. :) Wait, Dan Stevens? I did not at all get who that was. Oh, my gosh. So Matthew's Lancelot now. hmm. Cool. :D Yes, about K.B. Yes, about Age of Ultron. Yeah...I'm just looking forward to both, I figured it'd be easier that way. ;) I'm rather leaning towards the second though, the one with B.C. It's totally weird to me that they're making another Star Wars movie too, I've been watching those movies ever since I can remember. You love Tintin as in you love the movie or the comic books or both or what? :)

      xx

      Delete
    2. It is cool, now that I've gotten over its scaring me. :P

      I shall try. :D Yeah, I know, that basically the main reason I actually want to see NatM3. True, true, just be excited for both. I do feel like I'm gonna have to take a side eventually though... Yes. But a good weird. A really, really awesome weird. :D The movie Tintin. I'd actually never even heard of the comics before the first movie, and still haven't read any of them. So it's unclear if my love for Tintin is really for Tintin, or just for Jamie Bell, and mo-cap technology, and Steven Spielberg's directing it like an Indiana Jones flick. Probably a combination. ;)

      Delete
    3. haha I'm glad you've recovered. ;)

      Oh, good. :D Then we can compare notes. :) Yeah, I probably will too. I'm hoping for it to be a good weird, I'm looking forward to seeing the trailer when it comes out. haha Well, it's a good combination. I liked that first Tintin movie.

      xx

      Delete
  6. Yes, the last Hobbit. I'm so excited:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. live action Jungle Book?! hm. does that mean the movie cast will be almost entirely cgi animals?
    not sure when it's coming out but there's also the movie about Stephen Hawking. (did you know about that? looks pretty cool.)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh nice! also have you heard about The Imitation Game (with mr cumberbatch) which comes out soon? that one looks cool too. :)

      Delete
    2. hmm. I deleted my comment. Shoot. Well I gather you read it so that's alright.

      Yes, I heard about that one too. Guess what I did? (Clever me.) Looked it up, saw it's to be released Nov. 28, 2014, said to myself, "Oh, it came out last year. I'll put it on me watchlist." urgh. It does look cool though, Keira Knightley is in it too. :)

      xx

      Delete
  8. I'm looking forward to most of these:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh! SO excited for Cinderella and Into the Woods. Fairy tale movies are always fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love fairy tales! Thanks for commenting, Sarah. :)

      xx

      Delete
  10. SO EXCITED FOR INTO THE WOODS AND THE HOBBIT. I absolutely love the cast! Thanks for compiling this list of movie releases--it's so neat! xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO. :D Isn't it great though? Sure thing, I like making lists and looking up movies so this was fun for me to do. :) I'm glad you like it. :)

      xx

      Delete
  11. The Hobbit! Oh. . .The Hobbit. I'm excited for it if you couldn't tell. :) One Last Time.
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hobbit, yes. hehe Yes, I can tell. ;)

      xox

      Delete