Friday, September 05, 2014

Crabs

BBC Merlin
"...you two have always listened to me about my Table. [King Arthur speaking to Lancelot and Gwenevere] I want you to understand,"
"We will do our best." [Lancelot]
"Long ago when I had Merlyn to help, he tried to teach me to think. He knew he would have to leave in the end, so he forced me to think for myself. Don't ever let anybody teach you to think, Lance: it is the curse of the world." The king sat looking at his fingers, and they waited while the old thoughts ran sideways across his hands like crabs.


from The Once and Future King, T. H. White




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I think I need to read that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it too Hannah. :) The Once and Future King is one of my very favorites, though I wouldn't recommend it lightly.

      xx

      Delete
  2. Hey SW, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :)

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is giving nostaglic chills... the first professional play I've been in had something to do with Camelot and Arthur, so when I read this, I was like, "YAY!"

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha It sounds like a cool play. :) Thanks for commenting Morning! <3

      xx

      Delete
  4. This is very cool, and I love the picture with it and that it relates to your blog title and everything. Love you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. :) I love that quote, and the whole story behind it. I was happy about the picture too. Love you.

      xx

      Delete