Saturday, September 13, 2014

Beyond

So, I wrote this a long time ago, or what feels like a long time ago (3-7-13), and I figure I might as well share it here now. You know when you're taking a shower (and it's awesome) and suddenly you feel an idea coming to you, so you grab a towel and scramble to find paper and pen? And then you write as fast as you can before you forget, because, for some reason, it's incredibly important to save that idea? Well, that's where this came from. I Hope you'll tell me what you think.

by AndrewEllisPortfolio.Tumblr.com

There is more,
Beyond the skies, and past the clouds,
Beyond the moon, and past the stars,
Beyond my heart, beyond my mind,
There is more, there is more.

I was on a journey,
I was traveling on the road.
I was young, the road was life,
The stars were bright, the sun was warm.

The road was life, the sun was cold,
The stars were dim, the moon was grey.

There is more,
Beyond the sky, beyond the clouds,
Beyond the moon, beyond the stars.
Beyond my heart, beyond my mind.

I saw the stars shining in the night.
I saw a candle lit in the night.
I saw the moon rise in the night.
I saw the stars shining in the night.

There is more,
Beyond my heart, beyond my mind,
No flower blooms without a seed:
I saw the stars shining in the night

I was young when I was tried,
But I saw the stars shining in the night.
The moon rose in the night.
I saw a candle lit in the night.

And I knew, that there was more,
No flower blooms without a seed.

Beyond my wildest dreams.

22 comments:

  1. Wow your so good in creating a poem !! Love it !

    xx
    Molly
    http://www.corinnemolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is an amazing poem! :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it Amy. :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. I know that in-the-shower feeling, haha, it has happened to me too many times to count! LOL! I like your poem, I felt like I could see the moon. :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm glad you can relate. :D Thanks so much Jamie.

      xx

      Delete
  4. That's amazing! Showers are the best places for ideas. I so wish I could write like you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat. <3 I agree, showers are brilliant. :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. That is such a stunning a beautiful poem~!!
    Next time you think of an idea when showering, write it down again and post it!!:D
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much June. :) haha I'll do my best. :D

      xx

      Delete
  6. This poem is beyond beautiful, S. I am at a loss for words right now. It gave me the goose bumps. :)
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S.F., so much. <3

      xx

      Delete
  7. Nice S, you have talent! I get that thing you were describing in the middle of the night. It's terribly inconvenient. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. :) Ooo, yeah, it sure is inconvenient, always comes at awkward times.... ;)

      xx

      Delete
  8. This is so, so beautiful! It truly describes how i have felt a lot of times lately. There IS more. I love this so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cate. I'm so glad you understand. <3

      xx

      Delete
  9. Wow...This is.....amazing!!!!!!! So, beautiful, stunning, thought-provoking....Wow.... Haha, Great job! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Thanks so, so much, Jessica. <3

      xx

      Delete
  10. AnonymousJuly 11, 2015

    Hiya, could you credit my photo to AndrewEllisPortfolio.Tumblr.com please.

    Thank you!
    Andrew
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, thanks for telling me where to credit it to. Beautiful picture, btw.

      Delete