Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Liebster Award from June

Hullo. I hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday so far. June from A Curious Pisces very kindly nominated me with the Liebster Award. That's her blog linked above so you can go check it out. Her questions were fun to answer - thanks June! 

Post eleven facts about yourself
Answer the eleven questions provided by the person who nominated you
Create an eleven question set for the next group of nominees
Choose some people to nominate and link them
Let your nominees know they've been tagged


Eleven facts (or fact-ish things)
  1. I loved the Josh Groban cameo in The Muppets Most Wanted.
  2. Also the Tom Hiddleston cameo.
  3. And the James MacAvoy cameo.
  4. The oven in my house has this very jazzy beeper to tell when food is done. Unfortunately I tend to groove a little to its beat oftener than I respond to its call. It's going off now. There goes my older sister to turn it off. 
  5. James Bobin is directing a sequel to the 2010 Alice in Wonderland. It's called Through the Looking Glass. Happy.
  6. via
  7. That Benedict Cumberbatch is going to play Shere Khan in Jungle Book: Origins directed by Andy Serkis for Warner Bros makes me very exceedingly happy. It's set to come out October 2016. His deep voice is the only one I've ever heard that matched , who voiced Khan in Disney's wonderful, perfect, 1967 adaption of the book. 
  8. I'm doing ballet this school year. I really like the instructors but it's hard because I'm not quick at footwork and dancing. So I'm glad I'm doing it, if only to get better.
  9. I was sure I wanted to get a Canon camera, but then started wondering about Nikon. This kind of indecision is so difficult. 
  10. Hamlette is hosting a "Piratical Blogathon," on September 19th, which is Talk Like a Pirate Day. So click on this link if you're interested and join.
  11. I want to learn either German or Russian. Also either French or Italian. 
  12. That Idris Elba (Heimdall) voices Shere Khan in Walt Disney Pictures Jungle Book which is apparently a mix of live action and animation and is to be released next year also makes me very happy. 

June's Questions
1: Favorite Quote?
I'll type out the last one added to my quote book. Okay, here it is. It's from Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton:

A soldier surrounded by enemies, if he is to cut his way out, needs to combine a strong desire for living with a strange carelessness about dying. He must not merely cling to life, for then he will be a coward, and will not escape. He must not merely wait for death, for them he will be a suicide, and will not escape. He must seek his life in a spirit of furious indifference to it; he must desire life like water and yet drink death like wine.
2: Worst song?
I don't usually remember the ones I don't like so I'm at a loss here.

3: Favorite Month?

I never tried that question before, always wondered which was my favorite season but not month. I like December, even if only because Christmas lies at the end of it.

4: Would you wear black(shirt, pants, socks etc.) for a whole year or white? 

Black, definitely. 

5: Pinterest or YouTube?

Pinterest is good for lots of things, including inspiration; but I think I'll go with YouTube because I love learning all kinds of different things watching videos. I like watching TedTalks and interviews and searching for lessons on random things. Like cinematography, HTML, or make up tutorials. 

6: What is your lucky number?

I don't know. I just like numbers.

7:My sister/brother deletes your posts for next week! You...

I don't plan posts ahead (but I'm planning on changing that), I just publish them when they're done so I'm not sure how this question would apply. Saying they delete the top seven posts under 'Draft,' I'd...I don't know. Be sad. haha I'd rewrite them eventually. 

8: Do you have your phone?
Not on me at the moment.

9: Have you seen a cat on a leash?  

Come to think of it I don't recall that I have.

10: Pizza or Tacos? 

Pizza. 

11: Do you have a bucket list? 

Yes. It's right here.


via
My nominees
Sarah
Rosie
Katrina 
+ anyone else who'd like to do this

My questions
  1. Rain or sunshine?
  2. What do you do when you're feeling down?
  3. The beach or the mountains?
  4. Travel or home? Where's somewhere you'd like to go?
  5. Chocolate or vanilla (or what's your favorite) ice cream flavor?
  6. Do you prefer small or big pets? Do you have a pet?
  7. How are you today?
  8. What's a random nice thing that somebody (anybody) did?
  9. One thing that makes you happy?
  10. Would you rather visit Neverland or Wonderland?
  11. A gif that you can relate to?

16 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for tagging me! It's already up on my blog! Thank youuu!

    Love, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Katrina! Thanks for doing it!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for doing the award! I hope you had fun:)
    -xoxo
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have fun, I enjoyed answering your questions. :) Thanks for tagging me June!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I'll answer you questions here!

    1. Rain! I love rain!
    2. I listen to happy music, watch a comedy, or write, pondering, talk about how I'm feeling.
    3. Both--but more beach, I suppose...
    4. Chocolate ice cream over vanilla, but I love oreos and cream ice cream a lot!
    5. Bigger pets. I have a few pets but they are cats, so they are small. :)
    6. I'm okay; a little shaky as today I discussed something I was nervous about on my blog but I'm beginning to feel better. :)
    7. When my family started attending a new church, a guy who became one of my best friends was really nice to me and helped make the transition between churches a lot easier than I had originally anticipated. It was very unexpected but a true blessing.
    8. Good friends. :)
    9. Wow, great question! I suppose... Neverland.
    10. I can't think of one at the moment. :P

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for answering them Jamie! :D haha I'm glad you liked that one, I'd choose Neverland too. That's a great memory.

      xx

      Delete
  4. I took ballet for 7 years, it was so amazing! Liking your instructors is super important. :) I didn't start until I was twelve, which was quite a bit older than all the other students. Most of them started when they were 3 or 4! So I felt crazy awkward and uncoordinated at first, but it got better. I'm so glad I did it, and it's super fun that you're trying it too!

    Oh, and side note: I've seen a cat on a leash once. It was in New York, and the man was carrying the cat on his head! It was very ... interesting. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it Inna. :D Yeah, having good instructors is great, I can't imagine what it would be like with ones I didn't like, it would be much more difficult. I'm glad the incoordination got better - there's hope for me in that! haha

      On his head?! That is interesting. hmm ;)

      xx

      Delete
  5. I like your eleven facts. They were creative and interesting!!!! Also so cool about the new Alice in Wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! It can be hard to think of random facts off the top my head sometimes, I'm glad you found them fun. :) I know! I'm so excited about it!

      xx

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the shout-out for the blogathon!

    I have both a Canon and a Nikon camera. I slightly prefer the Canon, but mostly because its my third Canon and I'm familiar with the way they program stuff, but I'm still figuring the Nikon out. Also, whenever I look at my Nikon, I start singing Simon & Garfunkel's "Kodachrome" song. "I've got a Niiiiiiiikon camera, gonna take it fooooooooooooooooooooooooor a ride, so Mama, don't taaaaaaaaaaaaaaake my Kodachrome away..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. :) Okay, thanks. That's helpful. :) I just got this strange image in my head of you serenading your Nikon. haha

      xx

      Delete
    2. I totally sing to my cameras. I've named all of them, too. The Nikon SLR is Diego, my Canon PAS is Francis, my old Canon 35mm SLR is Gabriel, my really old Chinon SLR is Marlowe, the Canon PAS that was my first digital camera was Haldir, and my DVD-R camera is Yakima. And I've been known to sing that song out loud in the camera section of stores.

      Delete
    3. Singing that out loud in camera stores? Oh, dear. :D Those names are great. Is Haldir named after the elf? So, I'm looking for a camera for videography (that word includes taking pictures as well as videos, doesn't it?), any suggestions? I'm pretty sure I'd like to get a Canon, but that changes, infrequently. Do you know anything about the Canon Rebels? If they're any good for videos? Just anything you know about cameras in general would be nice. ;) haha

      xx

      Delete
    4. Haldir was named after the elf -- that camera was in the "Elph" series, so had to give it an Elvish name.

      I don't really shoot video with any of my digital cameras because I have a Sony camcorder that records DVD-Rs. So I'm afraid I can't really help here. My 35mm Canon (Gabriel) was a RebelX series, and he was a dream to work with, but... 35mm. No video capability.

      I do think the Canons are slightly more user-friendly than the Nikons, but again, I've been using Canons for 14 years, and just got my first Nikon this year, so it could be more that I'm familiar with them than anything. My best advice would be to go somewhere like Best Buy and try some of the cameras out, talk to the salesmen. Check reviews on a site like Amazon too.

      Yes, I sing out loud in public. Sometimes along with what is playing in a store. Sometimes whatever song seems appropriate at the moment. Aren't my kids gonna love me when they're older? :-D

      Delete
    5. I did actually go to Best Buy and questioned the poor salesman for about an hour about his cameras. :D Amazon is great, I've been reading reviews there and I'll keep reading 'em. Thanks so much Hamlette! :D

      Delete