Friday, August 01, 2014

Into the Woods


I just saw the trailer for Into the Woods and it looks awesomely imaginative and fun. It's a musical fantasy by Disney combining many the Grimm brothers' fairy tales including (from what I saw in the trailer) Sleeping Beauty, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, Jack and the Bean Stock, and Cinderella. What looked like straw turning into a gold dress made me think of Rumpelstiltskin and the way the woods look reminded me of the story of Hazel and Gretel. I love fairy tales. Into the Woods is set to come to theaters this Christmas. The cast looks awesome:

Meryl Streep as The Witch
Emily Blunt as The Baker's Wife 
James Corden as The Baker (Craig from the Doctor Who episode The Lodger)
Anna Kendrick as Cinderella
Chris Pine as Cinderella's Prince (he really looks the part in the trailer)
Johnny Depp as The Wolf (Johnny Depp is awesome)
Lilla Crawford as Little Red Riding Hood
Daniel Huttlestone as Jack
Tracey Ullman as Jack's Mother
Christine Baranski as Cinderella's Stepmother
Mackenzie Mauzy as Rapunzel
Billy Magnussen as Rapunzel's Prince


(list from Wikipedia

What do you think of the trailer? 

via
via

10 comments:

  1. It looks really good, I can't wait to see it! :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly, Amy. :)


      xx

      Delete
  2. I am so excited! It looks super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness it sent thrills down my back! Eep, it looks super fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sent them down mine too! I'm really excited about it, I love faerie tales. :)


      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited to see this. I've loved James Corden since I saw him on 'Doctor Who' and I think he'll be great in this. Nice post :)

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too. :) I liked him Doctor Who too, and I'm looking forward to seeing him in this! Thanks, Emily! And thanks for leaving your link, I like your blog!


      xx

      Delete
  5. Yeah, they pretty much had me at "Johnny Depp."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. :)


      xx

      Delete