Friday, August 01, 2014

In July

via

books
†Walter Raleigh: Man of Two Worlds, Henrietta Buckmaster
Common Sense, Thomas Paine
Tú eres especial, Max Lucado  I love the illustrations and it's a sweet book.
†Queen Elizabeth and the Spanish Armada, Frances Winwar
Stories of Alexander the Great, Pierre Grimal
Reading to Learn, William Zinsser 

movies
Housboat (1958)
Once upon a Time  Looking forward to season four. 
*Sherlock (season 3) 
Despicable Me 1 & 2
*Tarzan - This movie. And the music. 
Burn Notice I love Mike's running commentary explaining everything as it's happening. And how he smiles & blinks whenever someone agrees to do what he wants. I like season five. I do enjoy watching it while doing math. "Duct tape makes you smart." (Micheal Weston)
Non Stop 
Cars 2 I was surprised how much I liked it.
*Ocean 12
Father Goose (1964)
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Captain Jack Sparrow. And the soundtrack has been my absolute and adored favorite for a long time. 

*Books/movies I've read/watched before.
† Landmark Book



Ooh, and I'm happy because at the beginning of this month I decided I wanted to post at least twice a week and I did! And a little more than that, too. 

What books and movies did you enjoy especially in July?

7 comments:

  1. Tarzan music is the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm so glad you think so too!


      xx

      Delete
  2. I loved all of your posts this month. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy, it's really sweet of you to say that.


      xx

      Delete
  3. Father Goose is one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of the Cary Grant movies I've seen I think it's my favorite; it's so funny too!


      xx

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I like Bringing up Baby.

      Delete