Saturday, August 30, 2014

Cocoa + Hey nonny nonny + Things

I'm drinking hot chocolate right now. That makes me happy. This is good cocoa - usually it's too sweet. Another thing that makes me happy is the soundtrack of Much Ado about Nothing (1993), by Patrick Doyle. I love the first track on the CD (which I've been listening to a lot), it's not really a song but a short poem read by Emma Thompson. I love her voice. 





You know how I like watching things while I do math? Well, I've been watching a lot of TedTalks recently, here're some favorites: How to speak so that people want to listen  & Hip-Hop & Shakespeare? & Tom Thum & The hidden meanings in kids' movies. Do you have a favorite TedTalk? 

Oh, and to those of you who watch (or watched) Merlin, do you remember this scene? Look at Arthur's face. ehehe
via
My hot chocolate's gone. Some things for you: this and this and this. I hope you're having a fantastic day (or night - whatever time zone you're in). xx

12 comments:

  1. Love this post:)
    I used to watch Merlin, wish it would didn't end!!
    -Lauren xoxo
    pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it Lauren. :) Yay! You like Merlin! It's fun to find other people who like it. :) I haven't finished it yet, I'm halfway through the last season. I don't want it to end. I love it. Very much.

      xx

      Delete
  2. My favorite TED talk is "The danger of a single story" by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie.

    Don't remember that particular scene from Merlin (I haven't finished all the seasons) but my favorite part of the show is the faces Merlin and Arthur make at each other. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Lydia. :) I'll make a note of it and watch it when I do math next - so on Monday. haha Okay, just added it to my 'watch later' playlist.

      The faces they make are the best, and I love Merlin's smile. I think that scene is from either season 1 or 2. I think it's from the episode introducing Gwaine (and I think the episode's title is "Gwaine"). Merlin and Arthur are sitting at a table together and Arthur is pretending to be a commoner. The inn's hostess walks over bringing them their drinks and says "Aren't you a handsome fellow" (something like that). Arthur says "Thank you, though you aren't the first to say it," and then the lady laughs and says "Sorry, I was talking about your friend here," and nods towards Merlin. That gif shows Arthur and Merlin's reactions. ;)

      xx

      Delete
    2. That's when it is! Now I remember. gosh, Arthur's face... ;)
      xo

      Delete
    3. Yeah...his face. haha

      Delete
  3. Well this was a sweet little post. I've heard that poem before. It's from that show Much Ado About Nothing, right? Haha I'm always tempted to watch stuff while doing maths but then I never get any maths done :/
    Love your blog!

    -M
    http://thelyfoflittleme.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. :) Yes, it's from Much Ado. haha Yeah, sometimes the multitasking doesn't work out. ;) Every once in a while whatever I'm watching is really interesting and I give it my full attention, then my poor math feels unloved. :'( hehe Aw, thanks. <3

      xx

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness Benedict Cumberbatch's ice bucket challenge is the best. XD
    Mmm cocoa is so good. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. :D
      Cocoa really is good. 'Specially when it's cold. ;)

      xx

      Delete
  5. How beautiful post ;*
    Love this blog,it's my fav.
    Kisses,

    http://fashionstyleglamfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete