Monday, March 31, 2014

In March

paris
via
Read
The Eagles Have Flown, by Joanne S. Williamson ~ This book, about a young boy in the household of Marcus Junius Brutus, was fun and I liked it a lot and enjoyed reading it. It was interesting to hear the story of Brutus' life and career from the perspective of someone living in his household who was basically family to him. 
Cleopatra of Egypt, by Leonora Hornblow
The Body in the Library, by Agatha Christie ~ I like Miss Marple but the book wasn't very interesting and was a little boring. 
The Life of Saint Patrick, by Quentin Reynolds
The Dragon Warriors, by Karis Sellers

Watched
movies:
*Leap Year
The Monuments Men
X-Men First Class ~ New favorite movie.
X-Men Origins
X-Men 
X-Men 2 ~New other favorite movie.
X-Men Last Stand
Divergent ~ New other other favorite movie. 

tv series:
One upon a Time
Burn Notice
Sherlock 
The Hollow Crown

*Books/movies I've read/watched before.
† Landmark Book


What books and movies have you been reading and watching recently that you like especially? 

15 comments:

  1. Cool, how did you like The Hollow Crown?

    I've never read anything by Agatha Christie before, but it's on my list, and I love the '04 to current series of adaptations of Miss Marple! Have you ever seen those?

    I'm currently in the middle of reading Little Dorrit, because we recently watched the miniseries and loved it, and I'm loving the book too. It's my first attempt at reading Dickens, and not as daunting as I imagined it'd be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like The Hollow Crown. So far I've seen the first part, Richard II. They do a very nice job and I do like Shakespeare, so, yeah, I like it! :)

      Cool! No, I haven't seen any of those. Miss Marple is cute though!

      I've heard a lot of good things about Little Dorrit and it's on my to read book list. I'm glad to hear you like it! I've read some other Dickens and mostly they're rather long and glum for my taste...but I've heard Little Dorrit is different (expect Pickwick Papers, I like that one, though I haven't finished it yet). Glad you like it!

      xx

      Delete
  2. WOW lots of X-Men!!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8vw30mUO41r9ixyz.gif :D They're awesome.

      xx

      Delete
  3. LOVE leap year! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Amy Adams is so cute. :) Thanks, you too!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks to the picture in this post, I had a dream I took a hot air balloon to France and saw the Tower. I was so sad when I woke up...

    Anywhoo, books and movies: The Book Thief (both book and movie), and The Secret life of Walter Mitty (movie). Both terrific. Also, I've seen God's Not Dead and Heaven is for Real (Hoorah for private screenings and press badges). :) Very good movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I'd be sad too. Sounds like a nice dream, while it lasted!

      The Book Thief was an interesting book, I've been wondering if the movie is worth watching and I'm glad to hear to you like it. I'd like to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty sometime, it looks fun. :) You have a press badge?! That's awesome. I've always thought it would be cool to have one. :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. ohhhhh once upon a time <3<3<3 i love it so much hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah sorry. i commented as my mom :P worst blogger mistake ever lol

      Delete
    2. I love it too. <3 Hehe, sounds like something I'd do. :)

      xx

      Delete
  6. Right now I am reading Looking for Alaska by John Green! I like it so far! About 100 pages in. More swearing in it than I thought there would be though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that book...hmm, too bad about the swearing. :( 100 pages - good going! :)

      xx

      Delete
  7. Nice blog! :)

    Celia
    blue-freckled-nargles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete