Friday, February 28, 2014

In February

via
I read (to completion):

Writing Tools, by Roy Peter Clark
Great, helpful book. I like grammar.
Golden Days of Greece, by Olivia Coolidge  
I very much enjoyed reading it and reading about Socrates, Plato, Aristotle (what my mom calls "SPA"), and King Philip of Macedonia, etc. Also Alexander the Great is seriously cool. If I ever had the chance to time travel (preferably by Tardis) it'd be cool to meet him. 
Tanglewood Tales, by Nathaniel Hawthorne
The Golden Fleece and the Heroes Who Lived before Achilles, by Padriac Colum
The Lost World, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
A bit dry, but still fun(ny).


I watched: 
OUAT
Princess Diaries - I forgot how nice that movie is.
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas - I liked it: the strong characters of Sinbad and Marina.
Jungle Book - One of my top three favorite Disney movies. (The other two being Robin Hood and Sleeping Beauty.)
Casper the Friendly Ghost - Just one short episode-thing. He's so cute; he looks like a friendly marshmallow.
Rio 
Doctor Who - Episodes from seasons five and two. Cowboy hats are awesome, and the moment in the Christmas special when Ten quotes Lion King is...yes.
Saving Mr Banks - It was great.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 





*Books/movies I've read/watched before.
† Landmark Book

8 comments:

  1. Ooooooh thanks! I think I'm going to rent out saving mr banks for tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do! :) I hope you enjoy it. I thought it was very sweet.

      xx

      Delete
  2. I just rewatched The Jungle Book this past week myself; I didn't realize how much I love that movie. The songs are so fun!!

    I adore Sinbad Legend of the Seven Seas; the music and animation are AMAZING. :)

    I want to see Saving Mr Banks but I don't think I'll get around to it till it comes out on DVD.

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too. The Bare Necessities is my favorite, I think. The Jungle Book's just wonderful. :)

      Yes, you mentioned it one your blog once and that's how I knew of it to watch it! I liked it a lot. :)

      It's worth the wait. :) I hope you enjoy it!

      xx

      Delete
  3. omgoodness! the golden fleece!! i just watched percy jackson and the sea of monsters and it was AMAZINGGGG. *fangirl faint* <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, cool! I haven't seen that movie but I've heard of it, sounds fun. :) So the story of the Golden Fleece is in it?

      xx

      Delete