Tuesday, December 31, 2013

In December

via

I Read (to completion):

 Alexander the Great, Gunther
I don't remember knowing before that Aristotle was Alexander the Great's tutor, which I think is pretty cool, and that he and Alexander kept in touch through letters during all of Alexander's conquests, and that Aristotle would advise Alexander, and such.

 Exploits of Xenophon, Geoffrey 
Xenophon was a cool.

Watched:

Sherlock (to the Reichenbach Fall)
The Devil Wears Prada
The Lucky One
Overboard
Sleeping Beauty
'Sword of Truth fly swift and sure, that evil die and good endure.' 
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
All Creatures Great and Small
The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
I kept dreaming that my friend was the Silver Surfer after watching this movie, must be a sign.
Doctor Who (season six and then some) 
Brilliant.
Holiday Inn
Don't you love how Fred Astaire always smiles while he dances? I do.
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
It's such a very big story. Grand and epic on such a large scale, and good. 


*Books/movies I've read/watched before.
† Landmark Book

11 comments:

  1. Sherlock is SO GOOD. I cannot wait til it is back! I'm torn about Hobbit 2. I kinda liked it, kinda hated it. Either way it got an entire written post out of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes IT IS. :D I know! It's going to great! The nice thing is we only have to wait a few more hours- just till tomorrow...though it doesn't come out in the U.S. till the 16 of January or something around then. Still, it's going to be awesome. Well, I loved the Hobbit 2...and I went over to your blog and read and commented on your post. :) Happy new year!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the visit! :) A happy new year to you S!

      Delete
  2. I like these posts! You saw some good movies this month, I personally love The Devil Wears Prada, what did you think of that movie? And I saw the first Fantastic Four for the first time this month but I haven't seen the second. :(

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie, I'm so glad you do! I like to make lists and keep records of things so I enjoy writing them. :) The Devil Wears Prada....what did I think?...hmmm...well, it was fun. I watched it while I was sick and it's a good movie for a laugh. It's not the kind of movie I'd watch again, just not my thing as much as other things are, but I enjoyed watching it while I watched it. So I'd probably give it something like three stars.
      The Rise of the Silver Surfer was really fun. :) I haven't seen the first though (working backwards here!), though some of my sibs have. How's the first?

      Delete
  3. I really want to watch Sherlock...so many fandoms, not enough time! Never mind...I SHALL MAKE TIME! Haha :) Happy New Year! May 2014 be the best year yet. I have a good feeling about this, and if it isn't awesome I will make it awesome!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BBC Sherlock is great, if you find time. :) Back at you! I hope you have a fantastic twenty fourteen.

      xx

      Delete
  4. THE DESOLATION OF [my] SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGG!!!! . . . the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Come now, don't be shy...step into the light.'

      Delete
  5. Awesome sauce! Enough said.

    ReplyDelete