Sunday, November 03, 2013

Gravity Review

via
Director:  Alfonso Cuarón
Rating: PG-13
Time: 91 min.
Starring: Sandra Bullock and George Clooney
Color: color

Dr. Ryan Stone is a medical engineer and for the first time in space on a shuttle mission commanded by retiring astronaut Matt Kowalsky (this is his last mission). When debris hit their shuttle they are left floating in space tethered to nothing but each other.

I liked the character George Clooney played and the special effects were very good, especially a scene showing a burning space craft racing through space as it broke apart. The sun coming up over Earth is beautiful. Aside from those, there wasn't much else I liked about the movie. The story is stressful and when you take that away it seems rather empty. 

8 comments:

  1. Hm, sounds...interesting. I don't think I'll be watching this anytime soon (or ever, for that matter).
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you don't end up watching it I don't think you'll be missing much. :)

      Delete
  2. I want to see this!! So it's not super great eh? It seems pretty terrifying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't care for it at all, but opinions vary - so you might like it. :) It was definitely very stressful...as I mentioned above there were a couple times when I just closed my eyes, but that was because of anticipated goriness and not so much scariness. But it is scary if you put yourself in the protagonist's position and limit yourself to her beliefs, then, yes: it is quite terrifying.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. Totally. Sometimes movies seem really cool too in trailers then aren't when you actually watch them. hehe

      Delete
    3. Yes, exactly! :) It's so annoying when that happens, especially when whatever movie it is could have been great!

      Delete
  3. While I am not interested enough to see the movie in theaters, I do want to rent Gravity at some point. Good review. :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'll be interested to read your review when you watch it! Thanks James! :)

      Delete