Sunday, August 04, 2013

Sherlock

.
via
I found another Sherlock book. It's a hardback, and it has a pretty dark green and gold cover. Moi happy. It's nice and thick. I read The Red-Headed League, A Case of Identity, The Boscombe Valley Mystery, The Man with the Twisted Lip, and I'm about to start The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.

Yesterday my sister and I were in Starbucks, she was doing logic class stuff, and I was just kinda sitting there with her reading Sherlock, and words started coming to me so I pulled out my note-book and wrote 'em down. So I've finally described the main character in my book just right. And it makes me happy.

"...If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generation, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable." from A Case of Identity, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle


xo

16 comments:

  1. love this! all good things happen at starbucks ;) have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lots of good things do, that's for sure!! :D
      Thanks, you too!
      xo
      sw

      Delete
  2. I've read all those stories; they're great classics! Actually, when I think about it, The Red Headed League was the first short story of Sherlock Holmes that I ever read-- when I was about thirteen I think. I really like The Man With the Twisted Lip, though, that's one of my favorites. :) So glad you're reading the original stories!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that one a lot too! Well, they're awesome. :)
      Have a great day!
      xx
      sw

      Delete
  3. i've been meaning to read an original book every since i watched the tv show. i don't suppose you watch BBC's Sherlock? i just watched two seasons (in two days, haha) and absolutely loved it.

    and that excerpt is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I'm sure you'd like them. They are pretty easy to read too, so it wouldn't take too long. :) I haven't seen the tv show, but my sister and brother have...and I'd like to...my sister loves it. Last time I asked I wasn't supposed to watch it but that was before I'd read any of the books.... :)

      Yes! :) There are so many wonderful quotes from the books! :)
      xx
      sw

      Delete
  4. I've read several of those including the one you quoted from :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I have only read a few of the Sherlock stories, but I am a big fan of the various adaptions like BBC's version, Elementary, RDJ's movie version, and Rathbone's old movies.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I haven't seen any film adaptions, though I'd like to sometime! :)

      Delete
  6. I definitely should try some of those out!! And oooohh sounds like a lot of fun at Starbucks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They're awesome! :) It was. ;)

      Delete
  7. Hey Sarah; I just wanted to let you know I tagged you over on my blog!! :D

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, thank you, I'm gonna go see.... <3

      Delete
  8. Hey!! Thanks so much for all of the sweet comments you leave on my blog -- they mean so much to me. :) I'm a new follower of yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're welcome! Thanks so much! xx

      Delete