Thursday, August 01, 2013

Just a Choice

via


I don't mind if people don't understand. It just bugs me when they don't try. 'Cause to me there are very few things more important than [trying] to understand the people around you, 'cause people are amazing creations of God.
-
But by that time a sort of thought was forming into an idea and into a resolution. I'm not going to stop being me, I ain't gonna stop being joyful 'cause someone's wearing me out. I'm not going to let people wear me out. I'm not going to let myself get worn out. Everything's a choice.
When your places and things, and people even, are taken away from you you don't need to be broken. I believe everything is a choice. When everything is taken away there are still left those things which "no man can take away"*: your mind, heart, imagination, dreams; God. I know that for myself that's all I need to be happy. To be joyful. And it's just a choice.
So when I get tired and when I get frustrated I'm just going to close my eyes and ask my God whom I love to please help me 'cause I need help. It's a choice but I don't have the strength to make it on my own.
Honestly, I think that is the essence of my existence. I want to be happy and I don't have it in me to be so on my own (and who does?), so dear God please help me 'cause I know you're good.

I want to be me, and I don't want being me to depend on things or people. ... Did you ever feel that way?

xo


* "...There are certain things that once you have/No man can take away/No wave can wash away/No wind can blow away/And now they're about to be mine!/No tide can turn away/No fire can burn away/No time can wear away..." from This Is One of Those Moments from Yentl by Barbra Streisand 

12 comments:

  1. Oh! That's so inspiring! Yes! I feel like that a lot! It's tough to make that choice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Emily! Glad I'm not the only one; yes, it sure is. <3
      xo
      sw

      Delete
  2. THIS ROCKS, GIRL! Totally keep up this attitude and you'll do way better off in life!! I wish I had learned this sooner then I did!! Bravo!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, you're comments always make me so happy. You're awesome. :) I will. Thanks so much.
      Love you,
      sw

      Delete
  3. This post is really heartfelt... And i feel the exact same way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so glad you can understand! :)

      Delete
  4. Congrat! You've been tagged!
    -Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It looks fun!!! :)

      Delete
  5. Good for you! Every girl should embrace who she is! Because who *you* are, it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah, God created us each, individually, with unique gifts and talents; it's so sad when people don't get that.
      Have a wonderful day!
      xx

      Delete