Sunday, August 18, 2013

Favorite Story Tag

Thanks to  Christy for tagging me! :)


1. If the main villain of your favorite book/movie/TV series showed up on your front doorstep, what would you do? (Explain who it is first...)


via
My favorite book is The Once and Future King by T. H. White but I'm gonna use BBC's Merlin for this because I'm in the middle it and I love it and it's in my head right now.  Bad-guy: Morgana. Good-guys: Merlin, Arthur, Gwen, Knights of Camelot.... 

So, Morgana...if she appeared at my house, assuming she didn't do or say something first, I'd probably say something like, 
"What doest thou?". 
(Morgana) "Weirdo."
(me) "Yes. ...But what doest thou?" 
(Morgana) "I will kill you for this insolence." 
(me) "Too bad. I would have liked to go to Disney world one last time."
Then she'd probably use magic and I'd try to dodge her. 
Morgana..probably my favorite villian :)
via
But really, we could have a long talk about why she's there and I'd try to reason with her (most likely with wasted effort, but it's always worth a try) to stop, well, being a bad-guy. I could like Morgana easily, she's got a great spirit, if she could just be turned around and headed on the right track. Assuming she came to ask for something her visit would probably end with me refusing, and her getting angry and threatening me.  

 2. Now supposing the heroes opposite this villain showed up just after your exchange. What would you do then?


Most likely Morgana would be using magic by that time and I'd be trying to dodge her. I'd say hi. I guess they'd all start fighting against Morgana, or at least Merlin would with magic.  


3. So...moving on, the heroes defeat the villain (with some help from you, of course-whatever it may be. ;) But the next day, you're just walking along, minding your own business, when you suddenly come across the same villain...who is now lying in the dust severely wounded and unconscious. What do you do? 


I'm not sure exactly. If she really was severely wounded and unconscious and dying and not awake to feel any pain, then I suppose it would be a matter of whether restoring her to health would immediately endanger the lives of the people I love or not, and then making a very hard choice. If it would only endanger my life I'd get help without a second thought. But I seriously doubt that I would ever leave her - or anyone - lying in the dust in need of help and not do everything in my power to help. Even just restore her to health and then have a dual or something -that could work. If you can save a life, you save a life. 

4. Now his minions show up and kidnap both you and him and take you to their universe (or version of your universe, whatever it happens to be.) Your reaction? 

Utter and profound joy. I would be delighted. To be in the same place and time that Merlin took place in??!!! YES.

Merlin and Arthur and the Knights of Camelot
via
5. Your fantastic heroes have arrived to rescue you-but now you're faced with a choice. The villain, out of gratitude for your earlier help, (assuming you actually did help him when he was wounded) has offered you a chance to travel back to your own universe. However, the heroes warn you not to trust him. The only other way for you to get back home is to travel with the heroes on a long and dangerous journey... and there's no guarantee that you'll survive. What. Do. You. Do. 

Traveling on a dangerous journey with little chance of success with "fantastic heroes" sounds, to me, just exactly awesome and the 'stuff of legends'. I mean, really, THAT WOULD BE SO COOL. Wouldn't you just love fighting with Arthur, Merlin, Gwen and the Knights of Camelot, or whichever of them were handy, against the bad-guys? I know I would.


I tag:
Dotty
Jamie
James
Rose M.
Faith

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is unique! I can't wait to give this a shot. :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun! I can't wait to read yours! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tag, I will try and answer it this weekend when I have the time. :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Sure, take your time!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tag!:D Very interesting questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome! :)

      Delete