Monday, August 26, 2013

Elegant Blogger Award

I was nominated by Christina and Mackenzie, thank you both so much!



THE RULES
  • When you receive the award, link back to keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com and the blog that nominated you
  • Display the award button in the post
  • Answer all of the 12 questions given in this post (Do not make your own questions)
  • Nominate 12 bloggers
  • Notify them that they have been awarded

THE QUESTIONS

1. What made you decide to start blogging?
I was just kinda lonely.... 


2. What is your fashion style?

I like shoes? I'm not so good at these kind of questions...I like sparkly things and pretty colors. Tennis shoes for running and high heals for happiness. Dresses are wonderful.

3. What is something none of your followers know about you?

I'm very ticklish. If you wiggle your finger at me and say, "tickle-tickle-tickle" I'll laugh till I cry. Unfortunately I'm not exaggerating. I have no idea why people do this to me, it's a little strange...oh well, at least it makes 'em happy.

4. What are some of your blogging goals?
It would be really cool to meet some blogger friends in real life. And it would be fun to make a sort of club or something. 


5. Where is your favorite place to shop?

Thrift stories are awesome. The S.A. in particular.

6. What would your ideal amount of blog followers be?

I don't have any number exactly, but as Rose said, "the more the merrier". I guess everybody wants their thoughts and ideas to be known by a bunch of people.

7. What are your talents?

So I asked my sister and she said, "thinking, being tidy and making up stories." We also both agreed that making desserts was one of my strong points.

8. Are you a leader or a follower?

A leader. At least with people I know...I like being in charge.


9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
I'll pretend I didn't see the word 'one'. 
“Is there nothing to sing about today? Then borrow a song from tomorrow; sing of what is yet to be. Is this world dreary? Then think of the next.” - Charles H. Spurgeon
I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self. ~ Aristotle
It (fantasy) is not there so much to convey a meaning as to wake a meaning. - George McDonald
“Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move, Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love.” - William Shakespeare, Hamlet
When all was ready, Themistocles addressed the fleet.  “In every man,” he said, “there are two men, one base, one noble; and we shape our lives as we choose between them. The easy choice looks cheap; but the man defeated pays as long as he lives; while he who chooses to be brave and risk the price of it, will die with glory or live with honor, seeing his sons inherit freedom and bow to no master but the gods. “And this,” he said, “is our choice today.” - Before the Battle of Salamis
A great man would have stopped what he knew to be wrong no matter who was ordering it. -Prince of Persia
And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

10. Do you have a favorite book or book series?

I suppose The Lord of the Rings (J. R. R. Tolkien) and The Once and Future King (T. H. White) are both 'series', though I never think of them as such.

11. Out of all of the synonyms for elegant, which would you describe yourself with (smart - stylish - dressy - graceful - dainty - fine)?
I asked my sister and she said, after agreeing with me that 'elegant' wasn't exactly 'my word', "fine"


12. What is your favorite flower?

I don't really have a favorite flower. I like daffodils. They're such happy flowers.

I nominate: 
Jamie
Faith
Rose M.
Dotty
Noelle
Hannah
Emily
Layla and Josiah
Emma Kate
Michlyn
Christy
Sarah Michelle

18 comments:

  1. Here's a humorous quote from Romeo and Juliet

    "She is wise, she is fair, she is wisely fair"
    ~Romeo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when tags go around because you get to get new book recommendations! Thanks :) makes me wish I'd put some in when I did this instead of saying I had to many favorites :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, it can be so hard to choose favorites!

      Delete
  3. These are great questions! Thanks for tagging me!!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again, Sarah!!! I'll post it soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really sweet! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, well, you're welcome! Can't wait to see your answers!

      Delete
  6. Oh well sure, I think you're very 'smart', in the elegant sense. Just more so when we're going to church than around the house. ;) Actually, it would be more applicable than fine. I don't know.

    Add to your talents 'creativity'. Forgot that. <3

    Thrift stores, not stories. Not sure what that would mean...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. Whatever you say!

      Why thank you!

      Right. I was typing quickly?!

      Delete
  7. Awesome! Loved reading your answers, and those quotes are great!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I love quotes! :)

      Delete
  8. dresses ARE wonderful! and so are you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dresses really are lovely! Aw, it's so sweet of you to say so, thank you!

      Delete
  9. Was I nominated?! I saw my name, but just wanted to make sure :) haha love this post<3

    Smiles,

    Noelle :)

    dancing2praisehim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete