Monday, July 29, 2013

Star Trek: Into Darkness Review

Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
via 
DirecterJ. J. Abrams
Stars: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Benedict Cumberbatch 
Rated: PG-13
Time: 123 min.
Music: Micheal Giacchino (The music was very good.)

There were many humorous moments in Into Darkness, mostly concerning the unfeelingness and logicalness of Spock. (Dr.) "Please tell me we're gonna make it." (Spock) "That would be highly illogical and..." (Dr.) "You sure are a comfort." (I don't remember the exact quote.)

I liked the depth of the characters. I thought Khan was a very interesting bad guy. I love interesting faces and voices and sci-fi and Star Trek: Into Darkness is full of those things. There were some really fun Scottish accents and, of course, Benedict Cumberbatch's voice is really cool.

Khan and Kirk are both captains. They're very different from each other and yet similar in that they both would do anything for their crews. Their crews are like their families. Khan is very self-controlled (literally acting as his enemy's friend) where as Kirk seems to have very little self-control (hitting a man who has surrendered to him). Khan and Kirk were both trying to take care of their crews...and though their characters are as different as can be the story kept coming back to that one point of how important to a captain his crew is. They fought for their crews.


My rating: 4 out of 5 stars


14 comments:

  1. Oh the caffeine patch quote. I should watch that movie again. :p And sometimes I feel like I need a caffeine patch. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should! :) I just watched about the first half of it again a few days ago it's so funny!!!
      xx
      sw

      Delete
  2. erm, Sarah, nice review and i agree and everything is awesome, but you don't need to be soo random and use quite so many parenthetical remarks... ;) no, really. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vell, meh own flesh and blood. :) Vell? Vhat are you saying? ...Ahhh, too random, too many parenthetical remarks, no?..Ahh...I shall make a note of it. Thank you. Meh loves you.
      sw

      Delete
  3. Did you ever watch the real Star Trek episodes? I watched a different Star Trek movie a few days ago. I liked it, but I like the old ones better. I haven't seen this movie^ though!
    I totally understand wanting to be a good leader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a couple of episodes on YouTube once a while ago and they were nice...I don't really remember very well but I do remember liking them a lot! :)
      Yay! So glad you do! :)
      Thanks for the comment!
      xox
      sw

      Delete
  4. Hello were you thinking of me when you wrote this?

    "Hello. If you are feeling weak or in any way tired I would advise that you DO NOT FINISH READING THIS POST."

    Because I went to bed at midnight last night, woke up at 5:30 this morning, went out on the river at 6:00, fished till 2:40 pm, drove homeward at 3:00 and finally got home an hour ago...I...am...tired...my eyes are sagging and my head is pounding, but finished this post anyways :) haha I just thought it was funny you said that because I was like just closing my eyes seconds ago. :D
    Your Friend
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, just wow. You poor girl. Go eat some chocolate, it'll help you feel better. That sounds really fun though! I love waking up really...it just kinda hurts when you went to bed late the night before. :) I went to bed at 4:30am and woke up at 7:30am a few days ago so yeah.... :/
      Have a good sleep tonight! :)
      xo
      sw

      Delete
  5. cool, i need to see this movie!

    and i've always loved that quote. is there such a thing as a caffeine patch? because i'll need one when school starts... (#noooo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should it was great!! :)

      IKR?! Haha, me too!!!!!!

      Thanks for the comment!
      xo
      sw

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to rent the movie, I almost wish I watched it in theaters. :) While I am not a major Trekkie, I am a fan of most of the movies and TV shows.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun watching it when you do! I'm sure you'll like it! :)
      sw

      Delete
  7. Oh I love that movie!! :D I saw it in the theaters a while ago and I loved it! I was glad my favorite bad guy made a comeback. ;) I'm a huge fan of Star Trek! I've seen all the episodes and movies (old series).
    Write freely, Sarah!
    <3 Melody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :)
      Thank you Melody, I will. <3
      xo
      sw

      Delete